We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

EXPIRED M&S cashmere great final reductions

Options

Comments

• blue-orchid
    Options
    these are fairly cheap and remove piling
    You can always earn more money, but you can never buy more time
  • lydias
    lydias Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Camel cashmere onsies for 24.99 at Camberley - about 5 left

A huge thank you to all who post the comps and deals that make life so much fun!
  • THRIFTYSHOPPER
    Options
    Thanks for this - I got a lovely blue check cashmere jumper for £17.99 reduced from £129.99 :)
  • lapis
    lapis Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    brought 2 mens v necks for £52 ,picked them up in store today
    keeping them for me,mens ones always seem better quality than the womens
    as for piling,cool wash inside out,in a pillow case to be extra sure
  • valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ailey wrote: »
    Is there any way to prevent cashmere sweaters going bobbly? I've had a couple in the past and they went bobbly where the arms can rub at the sides of the bust. I always hand wash my sweaters and also inside out so I know it's nothing to do with how I wash them. Just wondering if other people who are fond of cashmere get round this problem. I think it is just a problem with woollen sweaters in general. :)

The cheaper the cashmere used, the more likely this is to happen. Top end cashmere is best quality and spun to a high standard, supermarket cashmere is less fine, spun more loosely to keep it softer and the loose fibres soon work their way out of the yarn and pill with friction. M&S cashmere isn't as bad as say Tesco's in this respect though, it does wash quite well too. But otherwise, use a sweater comb or a sharp pair of scissors to nip the pills off.
    Val.
  • Hopelesswithmoney
    Options
    My £31.99 Onesie has been delivered! So pleased :j.
    Hopeless by name, hopeless by nature.
  • angelzanna786
    Options
    I really wanted the onesie but oos everywhere locally. Seen them on ebay already :(
  • jbro
    jbro Posts: 898 Forumite
    Options
    It truly is the most awful website. So frustrating to use. I end up wasting so much time and not finding anything to buy! Why can't they remove items from the Sale pages that are oos in the colours that were reduced? And why can't we select a size first and then a colour? Surely it cannot be that difficult?

:mad:
  • Diane60
    Diane60 Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally managed to order six sale items on Thursday, all showing in stock. Had emails today canceling five items that they do not have. The website is a joke. No wonder M & S gets so much criticism. The "updated" website is just not fit for purpose!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    heath480 wrote: »
    Thank you,out of stock in most items,but just ordered and paid for a cashmere jumper £19.99,reduced from £159,will wait to see if I actually get it!

Oooooh, I ordered one at the same price and with the same reduction, (ladies hot pink roll neck sweater), was expecting it to be cancelled but I picked it up from the store this morning. Thrilled to bits with it :j

Hope you get yours!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family