The TecknoMonster travel case worth £6,500!

Options
mclarkie
mclarkie Posts: 11,693 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
edited 20 January 2015 at 8:23PM in Compers chat corner

Comments

• snakepilsen
    snakepilsen Posts: 2,757 Forumite
    Options
    It's bullet-proof.
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mclarkie wrote: »

I was thinking that too! You could buy a brand new small car for that price! :eek:
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • mclarkie
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    I was thinking that too! You could buy a brand new small car for that price! :eek:

A car would probably be cheaper to insure too :)
  • missprice
    missprice Posts: 3,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »

Have to say if I was lucky enough to actually win it, I was planning to buy a whole new bathroom suite + fitting and a few internal doors as well.

Saying that who would buy it? If you can afford these things anyway, you don't need to buy it off eBay!
    63 mortgage payments to go.

Zero wins 2016 😥
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 January 2015 at 8:10PM
    Options
    When you see how airport workers handle luggage it makes me cringe! They just fling cases on the conveyor belts or trolleys! I would expect a case of that value to be coated with some incredible non-scratch/non-dentable material! Doubt it though!

You are right Miss Price, rich people probably don't even know what ebay is so you'd be lucky to get £50! What a waste!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2580816/TecknoMonster-bulletproof-luggage-goes-sale-Harrods-UK.html .........OMG you are right Snakeyboy! They are bullet proof!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • mclarkie
    Options
    I'd advertise it in Horse and hound or Country life Magazine. :)
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    Options
    Entered that and thought the same thing. Y'never know, bulletproof may come in handy one day! If you have it with you, just hold it in front of your head/chest. Maybe it's one of those fate things... I'm hoping I don't win now cos don't want to be present in some airport shoot-out :( Scary.

It is a ridiculous amount of dosh - but then so are a lot of things at Harrods. My nephew works there and I hear all sorts lol.

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • missprice
    missprice Posts: 3,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Entered that and thought the same thing. Y'never know, bulletproof may come in handy one day! If you have it with you, just hold it in front of your head/chest. Maybe it's one of those fate things... I'm hoping I don't win now cos don't want to be present in some airport shoot-out :( Scary.

It is a ridiculous amount of dosh - but then so are a lot of things at Harrods. My nephew works there and I hear all sorts lol.

Jx

I like your idea :D
    What about if it goes missing as quite often suitcases do when traveling, can you imagine the insurance claim.
    Oh yeah £50 primark clothes but put in a 6.5k bullet proof case. Well why not eh!
    63 mortgage payments to go.

Zero wins 2016 😥
  • Enigmatic_Me
    Enigmatic_Me Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    No worries about it getting bashed or lost by baggage handlers as it is a cabin case so will be with you all the time :cool:
    The best things in life are free.....
  • mclarkie
    Options
    missprice wrote: »
    I like your idea :D
    What about if it goes missing as quite often suitcases do when traveling, can you imagine the insurance claim.
    Oh yeah £50 primark clothes but put in a 6.5k bullet proof case. Well why not eh!

Nice to have the peace of mind that if you were to get caught in the middle of a shoot out between security forces and terrorist, your £50 Primark clothes would be bullet hole free. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure