CAP guidance on prize draws in social media

Options
I just came across this new post on Superlucky, a good read and good to know!

Heres the link for anyone interested:

http://superlucky.me/2015/01/cap-guidance-prize-draws-social-media/
2018 WINS: Gin & Chocolate Hamper*Kids Shoes*Sudocrem Goodeybag*Malvern Spring Festival Tickets*Kids's Book* Bosch Soundboxx*Board Game*Friction Free Shave Subscription*Splash Out Ball*Blackberry Farm Tickets* Tickets to Chessington *Cat Treats*Seed Mix*Contour Next One *Majestic Wine Gift Card*£500 Lakeland Bundle*Shorn Wine Pouch

Comments

• hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've read it & I like the fact that just posting the winner's name on facebook is not enough and they have t tell you the end date or you can complain to the asa
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • sax11
    sax11 Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I can see a lot of the smaller companies not bothering with running competitions. I also very much doubt that a lot of the ones on FB or TW have ever been random.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 January 2015 at 1:13PM
    Options
    The CAP guidance on efforts that should be made to contact winners has existed for ages - if they are not followed and someone complains the full weight of being told not to do it again may fall on the promoter.

A thread from May last year

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4978041
  • Debsawinner
    Options
    Did anyone see the comments when Di Coke posted this on FB? A company that had closed a comp early that week were tagged in among the comment suggesting that they should read it.

Another lady commented to say that she had reported many comps since Jan for not sticking to the rules - This same lady, a couple of hours later, went and won the comp from the company that had been tagged - A bit fishy me thinks!
    Debbie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport