How long?

Options
So I won a competition a few weeks back and the prize was an iPad Air. The company I won from emailed me on 6th January saying it had been despatched and would be with me shortly. It's now been 12 days and it has not arrived. I know companies say allow up to 28 days to receive prizes but I always assumed that was to send information onto prize suppliers etc and didn't actually apply to when the prize was despatched. I'm just worried it may be lost in the post and wondering if it would be an idea to contact the company to track it or just hold off a little longer and allow the full 28 days. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• snakepilsen
    snakepilsen Posts: 2,757 Forumite
    Options
    Wait 28 working days
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have to chase up prizes all the time, they don't seem to mind you asking about the whereabouts of a prize, even if you are still within the delivery period.
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Got nothing to lose by chasing them up since they said it's been dispatched.

I would email them and just express that since they had said they have sent the item you're a bit concerned that it may have been lost in the post, it's quite a high value item so I would assume they'll have a tracking number for it, so you could just ask them for that.

If they hadn't have said they've already sent the item, then I would wait the 28 days.
  • velocity_girl
    Options
    Got nothing to lose by chasing them up since they said it's been dispatched.

I would email them and just express that since they had said they have sent the item you're a bit concerned that it may have been lost in the post, it's quite a high value item so I would assume they'll have a tracking number for it, so you could just ask them for that.

If they hadn't have said they've already sent the item, then I would wait the 28 days.

Agree with this. In my experience it probably hasn't been dispatched yet even though they've told you it has - I still always go with a polite "concerned it may be lost in the post" email though. Things seem to get 'lost in the post' much more often in the comping world than when you buy things I find :rotfl::rotfl:
    2018 wins: Aspinal of London jewellery box, Boudavida gym outfit, HP Pavilion laptop, The List party tickets, All Points East festival tickets, Kiehls moisturiser, By Terry cc serum, Nars Liquid Bronzer, Benefit highlighter, Nars illuminator, Fresh advanced lip trio set, Cetaphil sample set, signed copy of My Absolute Darling by Gabriel Tallent
  • Lauzipop
    Lauzipop Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks. Think I will get onto it now and hope for the best.
  • sunfield91
    Options
    I really empathise with your dilemma Lauzipop, I had a similar thing with a cheque from ITV for one of the lower value comps (still a VERY VERY welcome win) .
    I found it so frustrating to call them up and be told stuff like its 28 WORKING days when the Ts and Cs said 28 days.You might want to check the company's Ts and Cs. I had some really helpful cpmments and advice from other MSErs
    My advice keep on at 'em, best of luck. let us know how you go on
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport