Mag comps not confirming

Options
Anyone else having trouble with some mag site comps getting to the video and then not progressing to the confirmation?

Refreshing worked a couple of times but after a dozen or so refreshes on some pages there is definitely something wrong. Happened on Good to Know and Chat so far. It may of course be reflected across the brands.
“We are not interested in the fact that the brain has the consistency of cold porridge.” - Alan Turing.

Comments

• monsieur_epargnant
    Options
    OK looks these daily entry ones are having troubles that I at least managed to work around. That was in Firefox. I opened in Chrome and the problem did not reproduce.
    “We are not interested in the fact that the brain has the consistency of cold porridge.” - Alan Turing.
  • monsieur_epargnant
    monsieur_epargnant Posts: 2,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 January 2015 at 2:29PM
    Options
    Hmm. Certainly weird activity today using Firefox on some of these. All the ads are unblocked despite using ABP (AdBlock Plus). What's On TV just had the same no confirmation issue with one so I loaded it in Chrome and proceeded to try the next link in Firefox. But it had logged me out! I use lastpass which stores all my logins across devices. So I try logging back in and there is a warning saying my login was incorrect. I tried in Chrome and the same login details via lastpass worked. Slow progress but plodding away at it.

Edit: oh duh. Of course I can't log in to same site at same time in 2 browsers. All the other things weird activity to me.
  • monsieur_epargnant
    Options
    Much of this could be surrounding the AdBlock Plus plugin (2.6.7) though in Firefox. It's really slowed my entry rate down even on click2wins.

Chrome is working as it uses a different plugin written by a different person. Pays to have multiple browsers for things like this. Anyway in case anyone experiences similar issues I am using the following extension in Chrome (AdBlock 2.16.3) which is still blocking everything it should.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I use Chrome with AdBlock but in the last week have found one or two of the daily magazines have gone back to the entry page after completing instead of the completion message.

Only realised it was happening because I got an you have entered this type message.

I haven't had the video not completing issue again. But remember last time it happened I had to enter some on a different browser.
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm using Firefox 35.0 and Adblock plus 2.6.7 and have not had this problem yet.
  • monsieur_epargnant
    Options
    Thanks mclarkie. Your comment made me think there was a glitch on my install so I reinstalled the ABP plugin and it's all back to full working order. Yickadee wooha!
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    its been working ok for me since i installed abp-before that i ouldnt get anything to load on the mags
    What goes around-comes around
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport