PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

pressure cooker?

Options
Hi I have a £15 Morrisons voucher and v seen a pressure cooker for £30 is it worth it? I no aldi lidl and Tesco also have them but I have no idea about them lol
I would like it to cook dry beans etc as they take so long to cook.
any advice greatly received :) thanks
grocery budget Jan....£26.38/200

Comments

• Memory_Girl
    Memory_Girl Posts: 4,957 Forumite
    Options
    12-minute-stew-008-300x225.jpg

I use mine all the time - not just for beans, but rice pudding, all in one pasta dishes, meatballs. chicken, stews and soups.

DSCF7586-300x225.jpg

Between my thermal cooking bag and my pressure cooker my gas bill has gone way down!!

Mac-n-Cheese-the-6-minute-version-018-300x225.jpg
    FINALLY AND OFFICIALLY DEBT FREE
    Small Emergency Fund £500 / £500
    Pay off all Debts £10,000 / £10,000
    Grown Up Emergency Fund £6000 / £6000 :j
    Pension Provision £6688/£2376
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I haven't got a pressure cooker so i don't know, but since i bought a slowcooker i've found it invalueable. So if you havesn't got a SC maybe think of one of them.
    Perhaps people who have both will say how they compare,
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,325 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If for dried beans, it has to be pressure cooker, a slow cooker just will not do it, not high enough temperature
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • lucyhope
    lucyhope Posts: 496 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    SailorSam wrote: »
    I haven't got a pressure cooker so i don't know, but since i bought a slowcooker i've found it invalueable. So if you havesn't got a SC maybe think of one of them.
    Perhaps people who have both will say how they compare,

I have both and prefer my pressure cooker, meat that needs long slow cooking like brisket is much more tender cooked in the pressure cooker than slow cooker. HTH
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 28
    2018 total £1520
    2019 total £8995
  • frugalk15
    Options
    Thanks I have a slow cooker but as op said dry beans need cooking first, anyone reccomend the Morrison's one?
    grocery budget Jan....£26.38/200
  • Memory_Girl
    Memory_Girl Posts: 4,957 Forumite
    Options
    They are all pretty much the same - with different twiddly knobs.

All tested to same safety standards and really - for £15 I would snap one up right now!!

MG
    FINALLY AND OFFICIALLY DEBT FREE
    Small Emergency Fund £500 / £500
    Pay off all Debts £10,000 / £10,000
    Grown Up Emergency Fund £6000 / £6000 :j
    Pension Provision £6688/£2376
  • Angelina-M
    Angelina-M Posts: 1,541 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to bring this thread back up as i'm so pleased with my pressure cooker. I bought it really just for making a quick chicken stock but its been brill for everything I have tried such as chili, stew etc.

Yesterday I cooked a small 3lb chicken in it and it was delicious, the nicest chicken i've had in a while. I only buy free range chicken from the butcher and these are a bit tougher because they have been free to roam around and build a bit of muscle so sometimes they aren't the most tender birds but I shall certainly be using the PC in future!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure