Cambridge Diet v Slim & Save

How much is the Cambridge diet done as a sole source diet?
Do the consultants offer discounts for buying a weeks supply? A months supply?
Are there ever any pack offers?
I'm comparing IT with slim & save which is about £130 for 4 weeks (with p&p factored in).
Is Cambridge way more?

Replies

• Kim_kim wrote: »
    How much is the Cambridge diet done as a sole source diet?
    Do the consultants offer discounts for buying a weeks supply? A months supply?
    Are there ever any pack offers?
    I'm comparing IT with slim & save which is about £130 for 4 weeks (with p&p factored in).
    Is Cambridge way more?

I have done both (although not something I would recommend now but that's another story) and I used to buy a week at a time. Cambridge was approx £44 a week compared with £29 a week on S&S although you need to add p&p to that as well. I was able to pick up as I live near the head office.

If I had to choose, I would go S&S. They have a good fb support group too.
  • Kim_kimKim_kim Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well I finally got a cambridge price (it's like a state secret - I kept asking the consultant by email, she kept saying we will discuss at your appointment!).
    It's £48 per week.
    Slim & save is about £15 less, £60 every 4 weeks less.

Anyone know how the nutritional stats fair against each other?
    3.7K Posts
    Forumite
    I bought nearly 2 months supply of slim & save (ebay store) for about £150. That's a bargain compared to the Cambridge diet!
    The shakes, soups, meals are ok, the bars are nice.
    You get 4 a day plus 150 ml of milk, that was the clincher for me, a milk allowance to have my tea & coffee.
    I'm only on day 4, but I'm not climbing the walls & they say this is the worst day!
  • For that amount of money each week, I could make you lovely fresh meals each day, breakfast lunch and dinner and shakes!
  • annie_dannie_d Forumite
    933 Posts
    I just got 4 weeks worth of S and S from their website for £98.77. I too could cook for that amount ( well, not me but my husband could ) but i really want to try this route. Cambridge was very successful for me in the past so I thought I would give this a go. So far so good.
    3.7K Posts
    Forumite
    annie_d wrote: »
    I just got 4 weeks worth of S and S from their website for £98.77. I too could cook for that amount ( well, not me but my husband could ) but i really want to try this route. Cambridge was very successful for me in the past so I thought I would give this a go. So far so good.

They have an ebay shop with great prebundled deals. Less than the web.
    I've lost 15lbs in my first 3 weeks.
    I live alone & I work pretty long hours, so it's fantastic for me, I don't have to shop or cook :-)
    I like cooking, but my god it's so easy not having too.
  • hayday75hayday75 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    I have tried both , with Cambridge I received personal delivery and on going support.
    Slim and save is cheaper - has greater variety and I believe you can ring them if you are struggling.
    However I did regain the weight I had lost after both programmes so this is something you really have to consider before you part with your money.
  • A very dear friend of mine lost 3 stone on Cambridge last year. She's got another 3 to lose so she's doing it again now, but is using Exante because it's almost three times cheaper!

https://www.exantediet.com

Their range is more extensive than Cambridge and she likes the flavours better (except for the porridge - she prefered the Cambridge porridge). Oh and she misses the Tetra packs too (she's in the kitchen mixing up a shake and shouting this at me right now! :))

They do bundles and I've just had a look on their site and they do 100 meals for £85 which equates to about £18 a week.
    3.7K Posts
    Forumite
    I'm just over 8 weeks in & 2 stone lighter.
    I have an underactive thyroid gland & I'm on hrt, so when I finish my VLCD ill prob have to follow a food diet (like slimming world or weight watchers or high protein low carb type thing) just to maintain, but that's ok, at least I know what I have to do.
    I want to loose another 2 & then I'll review :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals