Help required for Real People Issue 4

Options
jaibaby
jaibaby Posts: 4,001 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 16 January 2015 at 10:11PM in Compers chat corner
EDIT: Apologies, it's issue 3 not 4

Hi everyone! I've done this weeks Real People puzzles apart from one and I don't get it at all :(

It's Nothing for a pair and it says:
....Not in this game! Hidden in the grid below are the names of some Mr. Men characters and some imposters. Cross out all the matches you make until one remains....

The options given are as follows:

(Tickle) (Mr. Men) (Bean) (Mistake) (Boombastic)

(Mr. Men) (Nice Guy) (Mistake) (Strong) (Mr. Men)

(Careless) (Mistake) (Mr. Men) (Right) (Mistake)

(Mr. Men) (Bump) (Mistake) (Mr. Men) (Uppity)

(Small) (Mr. Men) (Topsy Turvy) (Mistake) (Pitiful)

The ones in bold have been crossed out - am I missing something? I really haven't a clue on this one :o
Thanks to all posters :A

Comments

• Tea_Pea_Dee
    Tea_Pea_Dee Posts: 3,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 January 2015 at 6:37PM
    Options
    Bean, Mistake, Boombastic, Nice Guy and Pitiful are not Mr Men. My daughter had the whole set and unless they have added to them since, I am rather (polishes off halo) confident :)

ETA: Dunno what the answer is though (might put that halo away for later)

Mr Careless is a Mr Men character

Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners~Laurence Sterne
    All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others~George Orwell
  • jaibaby
    Options
    Bean, Mistake, Boombastic, Nice Guy and Pitiful are not Mr Men. My daughter had the whole set and unless they have added to them since, I am rather (polishes off halo) confident :)

ETA: Dunno what the answer is though (might put that halo away for later)

Thanks though hun, I am totally lost!

Edite: Hang on, I think we have to link the names with either "Mr. Men" or "Mistake" - So the one they did "Careless" is a Mistake - as would Bean etc :)
  • jaibaby
    Options
    Right, I *think* Mr. Men is the answer - can anyone confirm?
  • Tea_Pea_Dee
    edited 16 January 2015 at 6:47PM
    Options
    Not sure I understand now but here goes:

1st line Mr Tickle
    2nd line Mr Strong
    3rd line Mr Right and Mr Careless
    4th line Mr Bump and Mr Uppity
    5th line Mr Small and Mr Topsy Turvy

are all Mr Men characters

Now what? Confused.com :)

eta: Jai any chance of an image? I haven't got a scooby what we are meant to do, but Mr Men can't be the answer because that is the generic term for the whole lot of 'em. There are Little Misses too ;) he he he (loves to confuse the issue even more)

Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners~Laurence Sterne
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is the answer not mistake?

You've got 7 Mr Men category's and 7 Mr Men : Tickle, Strong, Right, Bump, Uppity, Topsy Turvy and Small.

Then you've got 6 Mistake categorys but only 5 words: Bean, Boombastic, Nice Guy Pitiful and Careless.

So you have one mistake left over.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 January 2015 at 7:11PM
    Options
    hope it's ok to add a pic, as not sure of the answer either :o

that's all the info for the puzzle..

press ctrl+ for larger view

IMG_zps4d563137.jpg
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Tea_Pea_Dee
    Options
    Thanks for the picture fire**fly. Clear as mud now ;) I really don't know what they want. I was confusing Mr Clumsy for Mr Careless (although after googling it turns out Mr Careless is a Mr Men character. He doesn't have his own book, but he appears in somebody else's). What are we matching what with? I vote that we all throw our dummies out of the pram, moan to Real People, and get them to write a new puzzle, along the lines of what is 1 + 1 :):)

• monsieur_epargnant
    Options
    runs away crying
    “We are not interested in the fact that the brain has the consistency of cold porridge.” - Alan Turing.
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ikkle87 wrote: »
    Is the answer not mistake?

You've got 7 Mr Men category's and 7 Mr Men : Tickle, Strong, Right, Bump, Uppity, Topsy Turvy and Small.

Then you've got 6 Mistake categorys but only 5 words: Bean, Boombastic, Nice Guy Pitiful and Careless.

So you have one mistake left over.

yes i think you are absolutely correct, careless is a mistake (as they have crossed it out, take it they dont class him as a mr man) so cross out careless and mistake, uppity is a mr man so cross out mr men and uppity, keep going and as you say there should just be the word "mistake" left
    Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for the picture fire**fly. Clear as mud now ;) I really don't know what they want. I was confusing Mr Clumsy for Mr Careless (although after googling it turns out Mr Careless is a Mr Men character. He doesn't have his own book, but he appears in somebody else's). What are we matching what with? I vote that we all throw our dummies out of the pram, moan to Real People, and get them to write a new puzzle, along the lines of what is 1 + 1 :):)

lol, well, that's all they put in the mag for doing the puzzle,
    about as clear as them now4somethingdifferent in
    the tab mag sometimes :rotfl:
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure