Can't get my balance increased!

Options
Hi,
I'm an EU national and have been living in the UK for the past 4 years, and have had an account here since 2001. I have a steady and decent paying job in the charity sector and have a current account with Natwest and 2 credit cards, one Visa with Natwest and one MasterCard with Capital One. They have given me really meagre balances: CapitalOne £600, and Natwest £450. I only use my credit cards to buy airline tickets and pay them back right away. I have a feeling that this is why they refuse to increase my balance, although they won't admit that this is the case. CapitalOne has kept me on this balance for over 2 years and whenever I phone and ask they always say it will be reviewed. I'm really fed up as I need to buy a ticket right now that costs £750 and I really don't want to use my overdraft. What can I do besides not paying my balance every month so they can make some money off me and increase my limit? And why am I being penalised for being a good customer?!?!

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pay sufficent funds onto the credit card as to put it into credit.
    Telephone the credit card company to advise what you are doing and why. (Some refuse to accept more than the outstanding amount so check before doing this).

The fact that you pay your account off fully has no bearing on its commercial lending decision not to increase your credit limit.

If you have succesfully applied for 2 cards why not try someone else such as MBNA who in my experience will lend more than the average card company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure