For those who do postals

Options
Do you send more than one to the same comp? If so what's the maximum you have posted in just for one prize ?

Comments

• eleanorre
    eleanorre Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    Many years ago when postage was not as expensive as it is now the Times were running a competition to win Virgin flights. There were a lot of prizes and I was really keen to win for my daughter because she had finished university and one of her friends ,who was a student with her, had moved to Boston in the USA . I think I sent about 30 cards all with a slogan on them and she did win . She also managed to take a fellow student with her for free .I posted them all over in different locations.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Most will state in T&Cs how many times you can enter, same as the usual comps. If not, and not an ITV one (or the like), I always presume it's one entry.

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • ness13
    ness13 Posts: 8,294 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I enter a lot of competitions by post, but I've never sent more than one entry as far as I can remember.
    Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.

An eye for an eye only leads to more blindness.
  • oddies
    oddies Posts: 10,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I enter lots of kids ones as you know Claire, I enter for each child ( 3 Girls but only one boy ) one with my address and one with their mothers address, yes the price of stamps are expensive but its worth it if you win just one decent prize per child. I buy a book of 12 stamps per week second class they soon mount up.:D
    2016 Jan Wins: 9ct white Gold Diamond Necklace £530.00, Doro Easy phone. April: Hotel Chocolat Easter Egg. May: £1,000 spend @ laredoute. June: Alton towers family Ticket & In the Night Garden Toy.
  • eyeballpaul
    Options
    Many years ago I submitted over 500 hundred postcards for one competition .... and won.
    thanks to all posters

I've changed my facebook username to NOBODY so when I enter FB comps I press the "Like" button it will say NOBODY likes this
  • sammy1968
    Options
    I always do one postcard per comp , But a couple of times I have posted a 2nd postcard to a comp I have already entered.
    I have also started doing postcard in my husbands name and number too.
    The price of stamps do add up but the way I look at it is if I win the comp I am entering it would cover the stamp cost many times over :)
  • snakepilsen
    snakepilsen Posts: 2,757 Forumite
    Options
    sammy1968 wrote: »
    The price of stamps do add up but the way I look at it is if I win the comp I am entering it would cover the stamp cost many times over :)

The Gambler's Mantra
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've entered lately to the ITV Comps by post and I usually enter a couple of entries per phone number.

Big win isn't far off though!
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • SuzieTheCat
    SuzieTheCat Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 January 2015 at 8:53PM
    Options
    I've just started doing the postals this year. I allow myself a pack of 12 2nd class stamps a fortnight. My reasoning is it is my hobby. I held off for a while as I did consider it to be a bit of a gamble, but thought it might be worth a shot. If I don't win anything this year of doing postals, I'll give up. I do kinda think though that not so many do enter for postals as it is a bit of an effort :)

Oh and to answer the original question, I only send one postcard per entry. I'd not want to waste money on potentially getting disqualified...
    Wins of 2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport