Great Hunt: How to trim your tummy without also trimming your bank account

Options

Comments

• p0rkpie
    Options
    The best, and most varied, workouts i've found are from husband and wife team at fitnessblender.com/videos

They have everything from high intensity to easy pilates, and have a great setup showing you the correct method, with warm ups and cool downs, as well as an on screen timer.

They also have a youtube channel, and I then use the converting website:-
    clipconverter.cc

to download the video to USB so I can play on a TV anywhere I want.

Alternatively, 'travelling wods' (try a google search) are a great way to find a simple, challenging workouts with no equipment.
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm another Fitness Blender advocate. The videos are varied, they offer suggestions for lower impact / easier versions of most of the moves and you really can get a sweat on! I've bought a couple of their plans for about £5 each that detail what videos to follow on which day for the optimum workout program. Love how devoted they are to producing something which is essentially free for everybody. They just want to help people get fit!
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • Yttesfor
    Options
    Actually I got it for free as my friend wasn't using it but you can buy an old one quite cheaply. As I live in London and now cycle to work I estimate it saves me around £100 a month in travel costs. Definitely worth the investment.
  • fab50
    Options
    I have lost a stone since July - from nearly 10 stone to just under 9 stone - by cutting carbohydrates - and eating more protein and veg. I usually only have one portion carbs a day, never at night (or a VERY small potato or desertspoon of rice). I eat eggs and bacon for breakfast 2/3 times a week, otherwise natural yoghurt & fruit, or nothing, huge salad for lunch with an avocado or chicken/pork/prawns (maybe once a week a sandwich), supper is whatever family having without carbs. I can even eat cakes, biscuits and puddings if I want to occasionally (2x week), feel so much better, no more flab and my clothes now slightly loose instead of slightly tight.
  • Wilma33
    Wilma33 Posts: 681 Forumite
    edited 14 January 2015 at 10:42PM
    Options
  • plainchoc
    Options
    I use Jessica smith TV for a huge variety of you tube workout videos
  • manila
    manila Posts: 871 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2015 at 1:30AM
    Options
    I lost three stone in six months on the 5:2 Diet and I've kept it off since April 2013. It was totally free to do and saved me a fortune - which I needed for my new size 10 clothes!
    I was in the Daily Mail last Wednesday :j
    Search for "health inspiring fast diet success stories" on their website.
    Well done! Did you strictly follow the calorie intake, did you increase your active life during diet period?
    I have started this diet two weeks ago, and so far i have lost around 7lb!
  • sixfootaliw_2
    Options
    I have found the best (and cheapest) way to lose weight is to watch what I eat using MyFitnessPal, and walk, walk, walk!

It's amazing how much easier I have found it to lose weight when I walk for 29-30 minutes before work, at lunch, and then in the evening. Cheap as long as you have comfortable shoes and a good coat!
  • Teacher2
    Teacher2 Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I go for a 30-40 minute walk every single day rain, snow or shine. Sometimes it can be the hardest thing in the world to make myself do as I hate being cold or wet but once I am out I enjoy it.

I also still do my post natal stomach stretches once a day even though my eldest is 25. At 58 my stomach is like a washboard. Any exercise kept up regularly will help. It's the regularity that matters.
  • emmamc1976
    Options
    I found a channel on Sky called FAB TV (Fitness and beauty). I cant remember which channel but its one of the later ones - you know after you've scrolled through the TV menu for about 8 pages :S Anyhow, They have lots of different workouts, so I scout through what's on over night and Sky+ the ones that look interesting giving me different types of work outs to try through the week. Admittedly I do have to fast forward through the ad breaks but they are no more than usual (approx. 4 in an hour) and I appreciate the time to have a gentle jog on the spot while getting a glass of water. I've found my husband will join in to, he doesn't mind exercise classes, when they are in the privacy of his own home - Tonight were giving beginner Pilates a go :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure