Cycling action camera recommendation

Options
I need to replace my Veho Muvi action camera, which is bloody awful (has sporadic problems with saving files where it sometimes just doesn't, has a far too narrow viewing angle, and in low light conditions is about as useful as Anne Frank's drumkit).

I was nearly killed by a numpty driving a Ford Fiesta 'support vehicle' in Worcester yesterday who had used the second lane of a roundabout to overtake me, cut me up, and turn left only to immediately catch up with stationary traffic. In the ensuing altercation I showed him the camera and promised to report him to his boss and the police, but the camera failed to actually store the file; leaving me with a sense of regret that I didn't just punch him in the face (I'm vehemently against violence, but for some people there really is no alternative, aside from maybe recording them with a camera that actually works).

So I will double my budget to £60-80. It must mount to my backpack strap (I don't use a helmet) and it's sole purpose is recording my commutes, although being transferrable to the car would be advantageous.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Comments

• jblessing
    jblessing Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tobster86 wrote: »
    I need to replace my Veho Muvi action camera, which is bloody awful (has sporadic problems with saving files where it sometimes just doesn't, has a far too narrow viewing angle, and in low light conditions is about as useful as Anne Frank's drumkit).

I was nearly killed by a numpty driving a Ford Fiesta 'support vehicle' in Worcester yesterday who had used the second lane of a roundabout to overtake me, cut me up, and turn left only to immediately catch up with stationary traffic. In the ensuing altercation I showed him the camera and promised to report him to his boss and the police, but the camera failed to actually store the file; leaving me with a sense of regret that I didn't just punch him in the face (I'm vehemently against violence, but for some people there really is no alternative, aside from maybe recording them with a camera that actually works).

So I will double my budget to £60-80. It must mount to my backpack strap (I don't use a helmet) and it's sole purpose is recording my commutes, although being transferrable to the car would be advantageous.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Well , it only takes a fall to receive a head injury and you may not be around to rely on any footage, I use a cam in my car, and the amount of cyclists I see without high visibilty wear or even rear lights is concerning.
    I'm too scared to use any of my bikes nowadays the roads are too risky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure