replacement xbox one and downloaded content

Options
My son got an Xbox for Christmas and it has gone faulty (wifi faulty)

Fortunately Tescos are going to replace it - I just take my old one in and they have a new one waiting for me at the click and collect desk.

All sounds good but my question is regarding the games we purchased online and downloaded.

I think my purchased content is tied to the xbox live account so there should be no problems re-downloading all the games (I hope) but does anyone know if I have to do something to de-authorise the existing console before I wipe it?

I can get online if I use an ethernet cable.

Many thanks

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 January 2015 at 9:09PM
    Options
    What about all the game saves, do they transfer as well ?

Try this
    Log onto Xbox.com and deauthorize your gamertag on your stolen Xbox:
    After you log in, Click the My account Link at the top of the page next to your gamerpic.
    Click on Xbox 360 profile protection under the settings & Preferences column
    Click on the "Require Profile Download" button

Taken from here
    http://www.reddit.com/r/xbox360/comments/13ozed/xbox_was_stolen_how_can_i_protect_my_gamertag/

Yes any content you bought is linked to your gamertag/Xbox live account.
  • bOingball
    bOingball Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    I've just replaced my Xbox one with a new one as the first one was faulty (I've had it since day one)

Your game saves and any games you have purchased download to the new one once you click on them again.

Very handy!

Took all of 5 minutes to get back up and running again... I did have to set up the TV tuner and the Cable HDMI stuff / as well as the TV AV Unit / TV remote settings.

painless.

Enjoy downloading again...
  • Ant555
    Ant555 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    bOingball wrote: »
    Your game saves and any games you have purchased download to the new one once you click on them again.
    Very handy!

Just to confirm and incase anyone searches this thread in the future - it does indeed work fine on an Xbox one as bOingball stated.

Old console - I reset to factory default as it was going back to Tesco as faulty.
    New console - logon using same ID and in the Store/My Games all three items that I bought using a download code were visible on the right hand side of the screen waiting to be downloaded again.

I selected each of them and they are downloading now.
  • logi79
    logi79 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the information
  • StuC75
    StuC75 Posts: 2,065 Forumite
    Options
    When you re download the titles, you may also want to ensure that console is set to be your 'home console', as that will allow others to play that game without the main account being signed in (It also allows other accounts to use the Gold Service too).

With downloaded games you can also share them with a second console as it would then allow the main account to play those games on another console.

I do this setup with mine and my sons consoles and it allows us to buy games once, but both play at the same time.. which can be 'usefull' and 'mse'!!...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure