Audio Recording

Hi All,
I have joined a mystery shopping company recently and they have sent me a audio recording device.
Assignment is related to a bank visit and I have to record the conversation with the bank person about a mortgage and then upload that on their website.
I am just a bit concerned , is this normal. I assume my conversation with the bank person would involve giving out personal details like name, address, previous addresses, dob, etc.
I wanted to know of this is safe to do so.
Please advise.
Thank you.

Comments

• Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's normal for audio visits. Mortgage sales are regulated and there is a great deal of information the advisor needs to provide. Recording it allows the bank to check the sales process complies with all the regulations, as well as all the softer skills about selling and building rapport.

You may have to give a huge amount of personal information, including income and expenditure for several months, have a look at the mortgage section on here to see how the new rules on disclosure are impacting people. A 3 hour interview seems to be the norm, but I don't know how far through the process you need to go. You need to decide for yourself if you think that is worth it to you.

You might try reading the mystery shopping thread. There doesn't seem to be any horror stories about people having problems from having recorded bank visits and the number of people who actually hear the recording will be small.
  • yaz2010
    yaz2010 Posts: 173 Forumite
    Thank you Nenulous 2.

I hope all goes well in this new mystery shopping job.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure