No joining fee for The Gym Group until 10pm tonight!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
5 replies 1.5K views
spider479spider479 Forumite
290 Posts
Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
The Gym Group are offering no joining fee if you sign up today between 10am and 10pm! :j

Membership starts from £10.99 a month; DH and I have just signed up for our local one which costs £19.99 each and will be trialling it tonight!

thegymgroup . com

(Apologies for lack of link - I am a newbie!)
Duck enthusiast. Mango milkshake connoisseur. Positive reinforcement training. Bob Ross fan girl. Team Q.

Replies

• spider479spider479 Forumite
    290 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the link, laughingcow81!

I should also point out that the joining fee is usually £20.
    Duck enthusiast. Mango milkshake connoisseur. Positive reinforcement training. Bob Ross fan girl. Team Q.
  • Note this is for selected gyms only. Doesn't apply to my local one unfortunately - me and my partner just tried to join :(
  • pmdukpmduk Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offence to the OP, but please only sign up to this, or any other gym, if you've considered this fully. The Consumer Rights forum gets posts annually from people who've signed up for contracts and want to get out of them. This time of the year is a prime cause of these complaints.
  • spider479spider479 Forumite
    290 Posts
    ✭✭
    pmduk wrote: »
    No offence to the OP, but please only sign up to this, or any other gym, if you've considered this fully. The Consumer Rights forum gets posts annually from people who've signed up for contracts and want to get out of them. This time of the year is a prime cause of these complaints.

Thanks for posting advice pmduk but you aren't in a contract with The Gym Group if you join.

If you decide you don't want to do it any more you can freeze the account (for £5 a month so you don't have to pay a joining fee if you change your mind) or terminate the account without a charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals