We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sports Direct..Sale just started !

Options

Comments

• shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up but even with up to 80% off it is still overpriced tat and they are making a huge profit .

The guy that owns it bought up loads of old brands and has them mass produced in third world sweat shops . Sub Primark quality !
  • tracie_80
    Options
    SD Completely ruined the firetrap label
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,986 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When don't they have a sale on ?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • johnda
    Options
    looking at the 90% section (which I asume you pay 10p in the pound), surely the footie shorts having being £12.99 should be £1.21sh, or the Mudyfox shirt supposedly once priced at £26.99 should be £2.62?
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    johnda wrote: »
    looking at the 90% section (which I asume you pay 10p in the pound), surely the footie shorts having being £12.99 should be £1.21sh, or the Mudyfox shirt supposedly once priced at £26.99 should be £2.62?

It says 'up to 90%' so doesn't have to be 90%
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• sorry to but in but the op is only letting people know about the sale and I find it really bad that you all complained about sports direct with out even acknowledging them. Thw only one who did is shammyjack and even a board guide is on here doing the same. No wonder people are put off posting.
    I dont shop at sports direct but would like to say thank you to scrooze 247 foir the post.
    sorry rant over it just made me annoyed.
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well said Carol. This is a grab it thread so if people don't like a firm they needn't bother reading.

Thanks op, off to have a look now.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • suicidebob
    Options
    sorry to but in but the op is only letting people know about the sale and I find it really bad that you all complained about sports direct with out even acknowledging them. Thw only one who did is shammyjack and even a board guide is on here doing the same. No wonder people are put off posting.
    I dont shop at sports direct but would like to say thank you to scrooze 247 foir the post.
    sorry rant over it just made me annoyed.

Carol, most people know Sports Direct sell complete rubbish at hugely discounted prices all year round.

It didn't put you off posting, did it.
  • scrooze247
    Options
    Well me old mate I am sitting here typing this wearing all Sports Direct rubbish.What does that make me ?(You are the sort of bloke that thinks Lidl is rubbish as well I guess.) Takes all sorts.Shame but that's life.
  • TeaAndOranges
    Options
    Thanks OP for the original post, but to be honest I'm also grateful for the heads up about working conditions. I love a bargain and was happy to click for some new running gear, but didn't because I then learned about the way their staff are treated.

It's not so helpful just slating something for being cheap rubbish but I don't mind being told about something important that affects whether I buy or not.

I don't need a bargain so badly that I'll support exploitation of workers, but thanks anyway OP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure