Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

Options

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Email checked and found that swagbucks had sent me the £100 so thats been withdrawn from paypal to the bank.

A few more onepoll and pureprofile surveys done, lots of screen outs on gtm and panelbase but will go back to the semi futile attempts to clear the email inbox after I've finished my book (80 pages to go) this evening.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    New phone is happily running the swag apps, I've put the perktv app on it too but last night that was running at 0 points per video while the iphone app was giving me 1 or 2 points per video.

I've also put slidejoy on it to earn "carats" for unlocking it, will take quite some time for me to gain anything from that I suspect but I'll take all the pennies I can get!

Went out for a run again this afternoon, lovely and sunny if a little muddy under foot in places. Slightly slower run than the other day but I percieved it as quicker as I ran more of the route.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Back home in the south, think I brought the northern weather with me, it was lovely and sunny when I arrived, by the time the bloke got here an hour later it was tipping it down, and today has been heavy showers and thunder.

Currently looking at my selection of devices and thinking I have a problem - my iphone is running perktv, the alcatel is swagbucks and my tablet engageme in instagc, while in another tab the laptop also has swagbucks tv going.

Heading to the blokes house soon as I've showered and the washing finishes.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Bright sunshine here Scuba, so glad you took the rain with you :rotfl:.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Bright sunshine here Scuba, so glad you took the rain with you :rotfl:.
    You're welcome.

Last day off before I go back to work. Next two shifts will be doing a role I've not really seen done before - thankfully the team I'll be "supervising" are really good and will carry me thgough as long as theres nothing odd or complicated going on.

New phone now has a memory card in it as I wasn't able to load all the apps I wanted to with the 8GB built in. It's now happily running the SB apps, slidejoy, shoppix, shopprize, bigdl and vypr.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Few days since I updated.

Quite like the bigdl app, mainly for its daily free prize wheel spin, so far I've won a few prize draw entries and a couple of things I could buy at large discounts as well as two serving bowls which ought to turn up in the post in the next couple of weeks.

The others for reciept uploads I'm just slowly plugging away on, so at the moment I'm uploading photos of shopping reciepts to shoppix, shopprize, bigdl and reciept hog.

In terms of the survey apps, liking vyper am almost 75% to a payout already (10,000 points = £5 paypal), finding attapoll and people.io slower.

Slidejoy points are mounting up more slowly now than in the first week or so but should have the 2000 points to redeem in september (2000 points = $2/£1.54 paypal).

Work wise I've been fortunate this week to have had guests to believe in tipping. So there has been foldy money added to the savings tin - plastic foldy only the paper stuff is going in to a money box until those are replaced.

Took a walk in to town from the boyfriends place earlier as well, earned myself 106 betterpoints, and picked up 5 snatch parcels - thankfully so far today since I got home there have been no other snatch players around to try and take my parcels.

While I was in town I popped in to Mr M and bought some bits for lunch today and tomorrow and beans for dinner, as well as freebies from shopmium milk and a bottle of Twisted Halo, a vodka based coconut and ginger drink. I also visited the charity shops in search of books on my list and came out with the Brownlee Brothers bio and the Triathletes Training Bible for a whole £3 (half price book sale).
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So far today there has been no spending.... but I do need to go to Mr T later for some bits so there will be some spending. Feels like a bit of a luxury but I'm drinking alot of sparkling water at the moment only the basic store brand so usually about 17p for 2 litres, but I don't have space in the fridge for a filter jug and I'm not really home enough at the moment to justify one anyway as the local tap water tastes awful. Plus it's keeping me away from cola's which in turn means I'm drinking less alcohol as I've nothing to mix it with.

Will be picking up a few shopmium offers while I'm there too.

Just cashed out £5 amazon from a survey site.

Swagbucks is back up to over 4k points and in the current team challenge my team is winning, so once it ends I'll cash out for the best value I can - someone mentioned that you can cash out for preloaded mastercards which are better value than paypal but you can move the mastercard balance in to your paypal account so will look in to that as well.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Home from town.

Mr T shopping came to around £10, of which I'll get about £4 back from shopmium.

I popped in to Mr M while I was out too to see if a product I couldnt get from Mr T was available there instead, it wasnt but I did pick up a second item that I hadn't realised was still a freebie offer, and a small plant pot for a succulent in my living room (the current one is a very cute rabbit with strawlike fur which is driving me mad by moulting whenever I water it!) which was reduced from £2 to 50p - its a childs one with a cute snail brightly coloured snail on it.

Also a small pack of vanish from Mr L, and collected 10 snatch parcels and about 50 better points.

Off to scan and photograph a stupid number of reciepts (a couple wombled while I was out) and barcodes now.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Receipt images uploaded.

Some more vyper steers came in and I've hit the 10k points so have redeemed them, should get £5 in to paypal in the next week or so. Think thats taken me just under 2 weeks so assuming that things slow down now I reckon maybe £5 a month.

Popped out for a run, and have posted a parcel of books to ziffit, as well as three qoas returns.

I've lots more books I need to try to rehome but ziffit at the moment will only take one of them so I'll keep checking until I can get some more sent off.

I've a box of things I really should stick back on to gumtree/facebook as well so will try to get on with that in the next week or so.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Last week I won two serving bowls on the BigDL daily spin, they were delivered this morning, so they've been added to the pile of things I need to get listed for sale. They're actually really nice but I definitely don't need them nor have space for them and the money will be of more use if I can get rid of them.

Just checked amazon and a set of two are currently £16 on amazon, or £9 individually.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills