Going to a party as the lamppost from Narnia?

I'm a guy. I've decided to go to a party as the lamppost from Narnia, my current plan is to wear all black (black jeans, black t-shirt) with a £4 lamp shade upside down on my head full of christmas lights, maybe some sprayed on snow and some card cuffs for my legs to look like the base of a lamppost. The lampshade will have some tape and stuff on to try and emulate the frame of a lamppost.

I'm struggling with how to keep the lampshade on my head - has anyone got any ideas?

Any other tips and thoughts for the costume much appreciated, i might also print an 'Elizabeth Royal' crest and stick it on my chest, although i'm afraid it won't look great on white paper

Comments

• fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    You can get iron on transfer paper you could print the crest on to stick on the chest.
    Maybe get a small dog and dress it up as Aslan? :D
  • Grimbal
    Grimbal Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hc289 wrote: »
    I'm struggling with how to keep the lampshade on my head - has anyone got any ideas?

can you glue/tape/pin things to the lampshade ? If you, you could try using hair clips, or an alice band, or even a comb to keep it in place
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Are you using just the lampshade metal farm? If so a big one could go over your head, or a smaller one on top.

Or make a cardboard one painted black over your head, with some cheap battery lights.

Great idea, sounds good fun.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Perhaps you could affix the lamp shade metal frame to a cap/hat/other item of bona fide headgear?
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Some chat about the lamppost headdress here http://costumes.narniaweb.com/scrapbook3.asp
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You can get iron on transfer paper you could print the crest on to stick on the chest.
    Maybe get a small dog and dress it up as Aslan? :D

Don't be silly, a Great Dane at least or how about a Pyrrenean Mountain Dog, the're quite furry;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure