Southern sneakily change refund rules

Options
For several years, Southern have promoted the Rainy Day Guarantee, which is now called the Money Back Guarantee, allowing full refunds of online purchased day tickets, which have not been collected at a machine. This included Southern Advance Single tickets.

An entry has been added deep within the Southern website stating: "As of 30th September 2014 Southern Advance tickets will no longer be refundable under our Money Back Guarantee scheme."

As I say, this is deep within the Southern website at: Home > Tickets & Fares > Refunds > Money Back Guarantee. You would only access this page when finding out initially about the guarantee; it is not a page you would regularly go to, just on the off chance to see if there had been any changes.

I only found out about the change when I tried to get a refund on an advance ticket, and found the facility was no longer available from the drop down menus on the ticket refund page.

I think Southern have been very sneaky in not openly advising of the change on their home page.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport