Solar generation >>> afternoon skewed

As a new starter, I notice that my better generation figures are very much afternoon skewed. Is this likely to be climatically determined or is it more likely to be caused by my system's favouring the afternoon?
afternoon.jpg..
Solar installed 21 November 2014 > Centre of England > 3,780 Wp > 14 *270 Watt Trina panels > 14 * Enphase micro-inverters > managed by Enlighten Envoy Hub > 19° west of south > 35° pitch > tree shading to east > iBoost > Wattson Anywhere monitoring > Schneider Electric (Drayton) MiGenie smart thermostat.

Replies

• rustygrustyg Forumite
    331 Posts
    Isn't it something to do with the fact that your panels are "20 degrees west of south" as stated in your signature ?!?
  • EctophileEctophile Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your panels are West of South, then you'll get most generation when the Sun is in the South West. That's in the afternoon.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • SterlingtimesSterlingtimes Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, rustyg and Ectophile. Indeed, the slight 20 degrees west of south appears to favour the afternoon. Time will tell whether the shading from a Scots Pine to the east will cause shading issues.

I visited the Enphase/Enlighten public site to look at the generation of other users. I couldn't find many users for a roof facing in a similar direction. I suspect that installers are indicating due south when the rooves are off south. But there are other users with a similar afternoon skewing.

So I suppose with a little work, I have answered my own question.
    Solar installed 21 November 2014 > Centre of England > 3,780 Wp > 14 *270 Watt Trina panels > 14 * Enphase micro-inverters > managed by Enlighten Envoy Hub > 19° west of south > 35° pitch > tree shading to east > iBoost > Wattson Anywhere monitoring > Schneider Electric (Drayton) MiGenie smart thermostat.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES