Jobcentre discount travel card for someone on ESA in Scotland?

Options
Seems totally unclear. I have a friend who has to go to weekly appointments with work programme which he pays out his own pocket and if he has any interviews he pays full price(and as he lives in a tiny town of about 1000 people has to go long distances for interviews) so it mounts up, he is on JSA

I on on work related ESA and would be a great help if I get a interview in a city which is 2 hours on bus(thats if there is no traffic and I assume it would be extreme in morning) an 40 minutes by train only difference is I currently have a bus pass so its free to go by bus.

Its £5.80 return with a jobcentre card or double that without one so can help a lot with early interviews or means I can have early starts in work.

The website seems to say you can get it on ESA if you are actively getting help from an advisor but I am meant to have a lot of support and also monthly interviews with disabilty advisor but as they are swamped, in the year I have been claiming I saw advisor twice, once in December once in March and both times it was over in 5 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure