Tax and NI calculation on Bonus

Last year, I worked in the UK and I have been granted a bonus of GBP 3500 on my salary of GBP 2500 a month.

Can somebody explain me how much should be deducted for taxes and national insurance. I read in another topic that I should be paying NI 12% over one part and 2% over another.

Thanks.

Comments

• jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    EPQ wrote: »
    Last year, I worked in the UK and I have been granted a bonus of GBP 3500 on my salary of GBP 2500 a month.

Can somebody explain me how much should be deducted for taxes and national insurance. I read in another topic that I should be paying NI 12% over one part and 2% over another.

Thanks.

It's not quite as simple as we don't know information about other earnings or how it was calculated.

If it was treated as a Month 1 deduction, it would be £553.50 in tax and £337.89 in NI. Yes some of the NI would be at 12% and some at 2%.

However if it was paid and tax worked out cumulatively it could be very different taxwise but NI would probably be the same as it's always looked on in isolation.

However you said you worked in the UK last year but this bonus has just been granted. Do you no longer work in the UK?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure