Drawdown after April 2015

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning
8 replies 1.3K views
chucknorrischucknorris Forumite
10.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know what the procedure will be for drawing down post April 2015? I'm thinking that it will need to be administered, rather than making your own declarations via a tax return, if so, does anyone have an idea of what sort of fees are likely to be incurred?
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird
The only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake
Chuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".
I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop

Replies

• zagfleszagfles Forumite
    17K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't have thought it'd change much from the current flexible drawdown procedures, although there is now an additional option of an UFPLS (google it!).
  • I am new to this but wanted to know what to do to start a thread.

My question is about Personal Pensions, I am looking for a provider who will accept a single lump sum payment of £2880, grossing up to £3600.

So far brokers want to charge a large fee so negates the benefit of doing the plan, any ideas please?
  • HarryDHarryD Forumite
    115 Posts
    Have a look at Hargreaves Lansdown's website. It explains how to set up a SIPP. It's very easy. Other platforms have similar offerings.
  • zagfleszagfles Forumite
    17K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Chutzpah Haggler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viking110 wrote: »
    I am new to this but wanted to know what to do to start a thread.

My question is about Personal Pensions, I am looking for a provider who will accept a single lump sum payment of £2880, grossing up to £3600.

So far brokers want to charge a large fee so negates the benefit of doing the plan, any ideas please?
    What are you going to do with it? Invest for a few years? Take it out in April? Go into capped drawdown now? Add to it?

HL have % not flat annual charges and no setup charge so are a good option for a small sum while investing, however they do have a £354 fee to start flexible drawdown (this could change in April with the new arrangements).

http://www.hl.co.uk/pensions/sipp/charges-and-interest-rates
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thats most of them.

Broker is an often misused term. There are no brokers in individual pensions. You have adviser or intermediaries or you can buy direct.

Advisers are not allowed to take commission and have to work to fee basis. The
    DIY side can take commission (although commission is then factored into the product charges. So, may not always be cheaper. Although in your case, it will likely be as the amount is so small).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • LintonLinton Forumite
    14.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the procedure will be for drawing down post April 2015? I'm thinking that it will need to be administered, rather than making your own declarations via a tax return, if so, does anyone have an idea of what sort of fees are likely to be incurred?

I have asked BestInvest on this - nothing has been decided yet. I dont think the government have supplied them with all the details.
  • zagfles wrote: »
    What are you going to do with it? Invest for a few years? Take it out in April? Go into capped drawdown now? Add to it?

HL have % not flat annual charges and no setup charge so are a good option for a small sum while investing, however they do have a £354 fee to start flexible drawdown (this could change in April with the new arrangements).

http://www.hl.co.uk/pensions/sipp/charges-and-interest-rates
    I was wondering if that was possible ?
    How effective is paying £2880 into a pension in March, and withdrawing it in April for a non-taxpayer ?
  • jamesdjamesd Forumite
    24.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on charges. There's no requirement to do it one year at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals