Who accepts PayPal Pay After Delivery?

Options
Hi There,

I've been using PayPal's Pay After Delivery option with a number of retailers, but it's not consistent with everyone who offers papyal. I was hoping some MSE users could help share areas where they've been successful.

I'm particularly interested to see if anyone's had any luck with ASOS.

The following stores I've successfully used PAD:
- Matalan
- Boohoo
- MissGuided
- eBay

Many thanks!
S

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I just ask (I'm a little confused) if your paying anyway, what's the difference in paying after delivery as oppose to paying before delivery? Why would waiting for an item to arrive make all the difference?
  • zippyladoodles
    Options
    I thought Paypal paid the retailer and then took the money from you, so it makes no difference to the retailer as they still get their money?
    Saving for a return trip to America, 3 weeks on Route 66 for our honeymoon just wasn't long enough!
  • Because they don't actually debit the money for 14 days after you make the purchase - which means if you're looking to take advantage of a special deal pre pay day, then you can.

I had an order delivered to a Matalan store this week and when I went to collect, some items were broken. They were refunded instantly to the paypal balance which had I paid it straight away, I would have been out of pocket and had to wait for a refund to be processed (which can take a while on PayPal)

Hope that helps!

zippyladoodles - Unfortunately, even though that is the case, it does not seem to work on all retailers.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Because they don't actually debit the money for 14 days after you make the purchase - which means if you're looking to take advantage of a special deal pre pay day, then you can.

I had an order delivered to a Matalan store this week and when I went to collect, some items were broken. They were refunded instantly to the paypal balance which had I paid it straight away, I would have been out of pocket and had to wait for a refund to be processed (which can take a while on PayPal)

Hope that helps!

zippyladoodles - Unfortunately, even though that is the case, it does not seem to work on all retailers.

Thanks- the refund thing I can understand but paypal normally do this anyway. I had a refund from Paypal about 2 weeks ago for something I'd already paid for weeks previously. I was warned that it could take "up to an hour". I checked online and it had already been paid into my bank account. I had already had the money taken out of my account by Paypal 2 weeks previously.
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    I accidentally use it occasionally, but really don't like it - it's another faff when trying to budget. Mine always seems to then pay from my bank account rather than my PayPal balance too, and the constant reminders that they're about to take the money are bloody annoying.
  • skintstudentcardiff
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    Thanks- the refund thing I can understand but paypal normally do this anyway. I had a refund from Paypal about 2 weeks ago for something I'd already paid for weeks previously. I was warned that it could take "up to an hour". I checked online and it had already been paid into my bank account. I had already had the money taken out of my account by Paypal 2 weeks previously.

Yes getting the money from your PayPal account to your bank account is quick, however getting the money refunded to your PayPal account isn't always so quick . It can take longer for the funds to appear in your account as completed (usually pending and therefore unavailable). This way you're not stuck waiting for that refund to come through in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure