Full time job + weekend job

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
2 replies 821 views
TryingtomoveoutTryingtomoveout Forumite
99 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
Hi

I was just wondering whether anyone does a full-time job, and then another one on the side?
I am trying to work out whether it would be worth it - regarding extra tax etc.

In a full-time Mon-Friday job I earn £1590 after tax.

Working weekends I could make around another 400 - 450 pounds but after tax it would probably be a lot less than that.

I need a realistic way of increasing my income and the only thing I can think doing is taking on an extra job.

I have done writing jobs in the past in my spare time, and whilst this can bring in some OK money, it is not always available..

Anyway, does anyone else do two jobs? how do you find it?

Replies

• duchyduchy Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiring
    It can get complicated synchronizing time off from both jobs for holidays etc

Whether it is worth it to you or not after tax is entirely subjective. Do you have a specific use for the money -without a target to motivate you it can get very demotivating very quickly
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • duchy wrote: »
    Tiring
    It can get complicated synchronizing time off from both jobs for holidays etc

Whether it is worth it to you or not after tax is entirely subjective. Do you have a specific use for the money -without a target to motivate you it can get very demotivating very quickly

Thanks for your reply, I am only aiming to do it for 6 months maximum, the incentive being to pay my debts off asap
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals