MSE News: Get double points at Sainsbury's, but you'll have to act fast

Replies

• far2812 wrote: »
    My partner has £20 worth of points so he can double up to £40 voucher. I have the same. My question is, can we use both our vouchers together? Ie to get £80 off a kindle or something?

Hi - It depends if the Kindle is in the scheme - check carefully before hand. There's nothing that states you can't do this - but after my experince I'm not sure. I would phone central customer service - the staff haven't really been well-briefed in store and are sure about anything!
  • Not sure if posted elsewhere, double up (similar to clubcard boost) is on until Monday, so your nectar points will be doubled in multiples of £5 (e.g. if you have £10 of points it converts to £20 to spend in store). Can be spent on toys, wine, homeware, clothes and applies to things "on offer". E.g. I bought a toy reduced from £50 to £25 using the nectar double up voucher.

Ends 25 Nov.

Hope it helps.
  • Not sure why my post has been moved here. As a grabbit user, I personally never look at this forum and the double up option is available for toys, homeware, clothes - far more than just groceries. May have helped others if posted on grabbit (that's where I discovered clubcard boost)...
  • i found theres a bit of a con with this offer. I had a £20 voucher and wanted to buy something for £19.99 but this is not possible and because its electricals everythings expensive so i have to spend extra money on something i don't want to be able to spend my voucher
    not much of a reward :mad:

is there anyway around this?
  • nafan wrote: »
    i found theres a bit of a con with this offer. I had a £20 voucher and wanted to buy something for £19.99 but this is not possible and because its electricals everythings expensive so i have to spend extra money on something i don't want to be able to spend my voucher
    not much of a reward :mad:

is there anyway around this?

I was told you can use the voucher but you won't get 1p change.
  • Hi - It depends if the Kindle is in the scheme - check carefully before hand. There's nothing that states you can't do this - but after my experince I'm not sure. I would phone central customer service - the staff haven't really been well-briefed in store and are sure about anything!

I want to do the same to buy a tablet to get £40 + £40 off two nectar cards. I asked at customer services and was informed there was a maximum of £40 off per category (i.e. for electronics). I agree though I couldn't see anything in the terms that stated this explicitly. Tesco Clubcard offer is better as no limit on how much you can use.
  • nafannafan Forumite
    88 Posts
    I was told you can use the voucher but you won't get 1p change.

they refused to let me use it, i'll try again
  • nafannafan Forumite
    88 Posts
    Just tried again to buy something for 19.99 with a £20 coupon, it wouldn't go through, a nice girl came over and suggested she can scan a packet of batteries and then take it off again

im gutted now though, i just received an email from ebay, if you spend you spend your nectar points there you get 50% of the points back until 23 nov
  • browneyedbazzibrowneyedbazzi Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem getting/spending the double up vouchers at my local sainsburys.

I have over £50 of points built up and was hoping there'd be a double up before Christmas...one more thing to put on my weekend 'to do' list!
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • The girl at customer services was very helpful. I had over £27 of points, so I doubled it up to £20 clothing, £10 for a hairdryer and £10 for gifts (nice smellies). I then realised I was as well buying trousers with the remaining £5 of points. The sales assistant advised me to put it through as a separate transaction as she said I could not put 2 vouchers for the same category through in one sale. She also gave me a triple points voucher to use. Once I had bought my groceries, I realised I once again had over £5 of Nectar points, so bought 2 nice bottles of sparkling wine, which only cost me £4! Basically, I used £30 of points giving me £60 of FREE items, it might take a bit of juggling, but it is well worth it. Just remember you must spend at LEAST the amount of the voucher, you cannot get a £9.99 item with a £10.00 voucher, but you can spend over £10 and pay the difference!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals