Friends and Family

Options
2»

Comments

• tifnstav
    tifnstav Posts: 441 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat, I told my mum i wanted to clear my debts within the next two years - i'll proudly tell her about my homemade pizza base and that I worked out it cost 14p per pizza - she thinks i need to get out more!
    i'm loving the feeling of accomplishment but she thinks i am tapped in the head.
  • auntie_brenda
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think people are fairly understanding of my MFW-ness as my flat is shared ownership and I want to pay off my existing mortgage a.s.a.p. so that I can decide whether to buy the rest - either way, I want to be left with JUST rent or JUST a mortgage.

And in the shorter term, following the recent series of interest rate rises people seem to be fairly understanding of the fact that I am 8 months into a nice low (4.89%) 2 year fixed rate, and want to get the debt down as low as possible by the time I have to remortgage. For obvious reasons.

To be honest I'm not being particularly religious about it at the moment - there's a lot more I could do, but I am firmly of the belief that life is for living. I still think the MFW dream is really important though and it amazes me that there are so few people who think this way :confused:

That's the whole point though isn't it? ALL of us with a mortgage have shared ownership really :confused: (and I don't like my co-owner:rotfl: )
    Debt 17 12 06 - £7700.:eek: 1st Feb 07 £6903, getting there ;) 1st March 07 £6666 (yikes!) 1st April 07 £6329 17.8% 1st May £6085.48 21%, 1st June £5522.13 28.3%, 1st July £5194.46, 32.54%, 1st Aug £4700, 39%, 1st Sept £4411, 42.7% :j :j:j
    Dreaming of Another Country Club Number 12!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure