Looking for an evening/weekend job in Edinburgh or West Lothian

2»

Comments

• I'm looking for the same sort of work in Edinburgh city centre and it's proving more difficult than I thought!

I actually phoned Office Angels earlier but they said they don't usually get evening and weekend work. I still think I'll try a few other agencies before giving up on temping.
  • xxlaurissaxx
    xxlaurissaxx Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    I worked in Haddows until last night and i worked 12 hours per week. 3 nights, 4 hours (6-10pm) and it was good plus good discount, only thing is that it is tiring, i was working 9-5 then 6-10 on a tuesday then Friday and Sunday nights. They are looking for people in Parsons green (Jocks Lodge) branch, or hand in a cv to some of the shops and if any come up you get offered them to apply.
    xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • gill37
    gill37 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I know that HM Revenue and Customs in Sighthill are looking for evening workers - 5-10pm. Check out S1jobs for more details. The want team leaders but also admin staff and if you can't do the full 5 nights they can offer you less hours (so they say).

Good luck

Gill
    :j
  • Lorne
    Lorne Posts: 770 Forumite
    I have worked doing out of hours reception work for the NHS - there are a few out of hours jobs advertised at the moment. The shift allowances were great - they are online at www.show.scot.nhs.uk
    Thanks for the advice Martin! :money:
    Member no. 920 - Proud to be dealing with our debts
  • I've just got an interview for care work in Edinburgh found it on gumtree but don't think the money will be that great.
    CC [STRIKE]£956[/STRIKE]/0 :j OD [STRIKE]£500[/STRIKE]/£0
    Savings £413
    Money found on street £20.21
    Topcashback £45.9 (able to claim in November), greasypalm £21.81, yougov 1575/5000 points for £50
  • mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My daughter has a part time job in the catering concessions at the football, we're not in Edinburgh though but at least you have 2 teams to try. Worth a thought for some extra income.
  • Don't know if you have relevant certificates or experience, but would babysitting/childcare be an option?

I guess you might have to go through an agency for regular work though.
  • virii
    virii Posts: 35 Forumite
    Dominos Pizza always need staff, especially drivers
  • moneybagsuk
    moneybagsuk Posts: 40 Forumite
    Adzuna has a few suggestions (and is frequently updated) eg

evening jobs in West Lothian
    weekend jobs in Edinburgh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories