New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Feedback on Resolver.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
514 replies 243.7K views

Replies

• edited 25 March 2015 at 8:04AM
    PugliesePugliese Forumite
    46 posts
    edited 25 March 2015 at 8:04AM
    Having read this thread I was suspicious of using Resolver.

Tried it for a claim with BA on a 3 hour+ delayed flight. Found it to be a first class free service and within the week BA have agreed to pay full compensation of €1200.

Very happy to recommend
  • BOS_KickedBOS_Kicked Forumite
    40 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    From what I gather it just gathers the information and collates it and send it to the airline, If its free then why not but im not sure they would have any success with Jet 2 for example, Or indeed any more success that following vaubans guide

I'll let you know - Jet2 complaint filed via resolver on 20/03/15.

Claim for a 4hr+ delay from Alicante in July 2014.

Resolver helped me by bringing to my attention that Jet2 insist on you filling in some EC form which they linked to and I could attach to the complaint email.

I like the thought of not having to keep track of the timeline of my complaint and receiving alerts when I should take my complaint to the next stage.

Not heard anything back yet, but will update as and when I hear anything.
  • Hi, I looked up flight compensation in a variety of different ways and after a little research decided to give Resolver a go as recommended by MSE.
    (They work through customer satisfaction reviews as you can read about on their online bumph- delays or non responses allow Resolver to give them bad press- which obviously they are trying to avoid).

I was delayed on my Thomas Cook flight from Liverpool to Turkey (about 6.5 hours), as well as on my return flight (over 24 hours). I used the Resolver template and added a little detail (comparing it to the MSE one!).

I received a reply the next day, basically saying Thomas Cook would look into it but they were experiencing delays due to a previous court case- "We will now implement the recent decision by the Supreme Court in the Huzar vs. Jet2.com case on Friday 31 October 2014. This ruling confirmed that a number of technical incidents leading to flight delays can no longer be classified as extraordinary. This is different to previous guidance given by the UK CAA and other national enforcement bodies.
    We accept this new decision and we will now review all our cases in light of this recent change."

Unfortunately I then did not receive any more feedback for quite some time- in the meantime Resolver sends you email prompts to 'escalate your case'- again you can use templates, but amend them if you desire. From their original reply (20th Feb), I 'escalated' twice, most recently the 26th March. I received a reply on the 7th April saying they had sent me a voucher for £590 (equating to the €400 per person) which would be full and final payment for my case for all people (2 people).

Now- this is a great result!:T:money: Yes, granted, it took a little while, but I think that's because of the amount of people reclaiming after that Jet2 case. And I know I can email and ask for the compensation in cash rather than a voucher- no problems there.

My real question would be- is this not wrong? Yes, it compensates a delayed flight of more than 3 hours for the 2 people I am claiming for- but I had two delayed flights.
    Surely I should be getting double this amount- one compensation for the delay out and one compensation for the delay back in? And in this case, how do you think I would go about asking for this? I don't want to say I accept their decision as I feel that it is only half of the compensation I should receive... any ideas?
    Thanks! :)
  • TyzapTyzap Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosie_Bee wrote: »
    Hi, I looked up flight compensation in a variety of different ways and after a little research decided to give Resolver a go as recommended by MSE.
    (They work through customer satisfaction reviews as you can read about on their online bumph- delays or non responses allow Resolver to give them bad press- which obviously they are trying to avoid).

I was delayed on my Thomas Cook flight from Liverpool to Turkey (about 6.5 hours), as well as on my return flight (over 24 hours). I used the Resolver template and added a little detail (comparing it to the MSE one!).

I received a reply the next day, basically saying Thomas Cook would look into it but they were experiencing delays due to a previous court case- "We will now implement the recent decision by the Supreme Court in the Huzar vs. Jet2.com case on Friday 31 October 2014. This ruling confirmed that a number of technical incidents leading to flight delays can no longer be classified as extraordinary. This is different to previous guidance given by the UK CAA and other national enforcement bodies.
    We accept this new decision and we will now review all our cases in light of this recent change."

Unfortunately I then did not receive any more feedback for quite some time- in the meantime Resolver sends you email prompts to 'escalate your case'- again you can use templates, but amend them if you desire. From their original reply (20th Feb), I 'escalated' twice, most recently the 26th March. I received a reply on the 7th April saying they had sent me a voucher for £590 (equating to the €400 per person) which would be full and final payment for my case for all people (2 people).

Now- this is a great result!:T:money: Yes, granted, it took a little while, but I think that's because of the amount of people reclaiming after that Jet2 case. And I know I can email and ask for the compensation in cash rather than a voucher- no problems there.

My real question would be- is this not wrong? Yes, it compensates a delayed flight of more than 3 hours for the 2 people I am claiming for- but I had two delayed flights.
    Surely I should be getting double this amount- one compensation for the delay out and one compensation for the delay back in? And in this case, how do you think I would go about asking for this? I don't want to say I accept their decision as I feel that it is only half of the compensation I should receive... any ideas?
    Thanks! :)

You are entitled to claim for both your delays if they qualify.

Did you not claim for two delays in the first place, both on the same complaint?

I don't know how to claim or amend a claim via Resolver but you should reject the offer as it is 'full and final'.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Hi Tyzap,
    yes I did put both claims in the same e-mail, which is why I was reluctant to accept. I suspect they are trying to pull the wool over my eyes but just wanted someone else to confirm I would be able to claim for both- being hesitant/unsure is a nightmare! I will try e-mailing back saying I reject their offer as it does not cover both claims I have put in.
    Thanks for your help :)
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also remember unless you agree you don't have to accept a voucher so you can insist on cash
  • Hi again,
    So Thomas Cook have replied to my email to tell me that they believe that they have reviewed my case and decided the decision is 'fair and accurate' (they are offering me holiday vouchers for 'full and final' settlement of everyone on my booking for £590) and if I am still unhappy suggest I refer my case to the CAA...:mad:

Here is the reply I composed: (I've changed the flight numbers and dates)

"Thank you for your swift response to my e-mail. To clarify, when reviewing my case, have Thomas Cook decided that one of the delays we experienced does not qualify for compensation? If you could clarify for me which delay you have decided is entitled and which is not, and why this is, that would be very helpful in my understanding of this matter.

To recap, the judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Tui & others v CAA confirmed the applicability of compensation for delay as set out in the Sturgeon case. Thus, I understand that under EU Regulation 261/2004 compensation is payable- due to the timescale and travel distance, of well over 3 hours for each of the delays and a distance of 3120km.

Thus for the 6.5 hours delay from Manchester to Antalya (flight number xxxx- xxth March xxxx) the compensation should be €400 per passenger.
    In addition, the over 24 hours flight delay from Antalya to Manchester (flight number xxxx-xth/xth/xth April xxxx) the compensation should also be €400 per passenger.

I am claiming for myself and another passenger, thus the total compensation should be €800 per passenger for the two separate flight delays, and altogether this amounts to €1600.

Should you neither settle my claim in full nor provide a full and satisfactory defence to my claim within 14 days of the date of this correspondence, I intend to pursue my complaint further, and reserve the right to issue legal proceedings without giving you further notice in writing.

Please reply via this email address, as I would like to keep all my communications in my personalised complaints case file, in accordance with the recommendations of Trading Standards."

I'm not very happy, obviously, as I believe I am entitled to compensation for both of my delayed flights...and I am really not sure how Thomas Cook can think that I will just accept what is basically half of what I can claim for?
    If anyone has any suggestions of what else I could/should do or any words of reassurance that would be great, thank you so much.
    (Sorry if I am now clogging the wrong thread):(
    feeling a little disheartened,
    Rosie
    p.s. thanks to the links for Vauban's guide, where I have lifted parts to copy and paste to use to try and sound smart :rotfl:
  • TyzapTyzap Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosie_Bee wrote: »
    Hi again,

If anyone has any suggestions of what else I could/should do or any words of reassurance that would be great, thank you so much.
    (Sorry if I am now clogging the wrong thread):(
    feeling a little disheartened,
    Rosie
    p.s. thanks to the links for Vauban's guide, where I have lifted parts to copy and paste to use to try and sound smart :rotfl:

Don't get yourself all wound up by playing letter ping pong with them, it's what they like doing.

Just follow Vaubans advice and send them a LBA.

If you then have to start legal proceeding against them remember that you cannot use MCOL if there are multiple applicants.

You'll get there.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • rceebearrceebear Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    (I hope this isn't a premature post as I don't have the money yet) Success for us too. I submitted a case via Resolver on the 02/02/15 and after it being escalated several times (thanks to their reminders) and finally to the Malaysia Airlines complaints department, I have received an email from MA via Resolver saying I am owed the full amount 600 Euros per person.

We were delayed nearly 12 hours going out of Heathrow in 2012. We didn't have boarding passes, which was part of the reason I didn't pursue it before now but did have booking references from our booking email. I don't believe in the compensation culture generally but money is currently tight for us. Also, the 12 hour delay meant we missed our connecting flight (& another connecting flight) and had to wait a further day for the next flight. We were due to meet a tour which we'd saved for and were very stressed about whether we'd be able to catch up with them. Thankfully our tour operator managed to rearrange our ongoing accommodation and flights. However, we didn't find this out until some hours later so spent some considerable time stressing about what was going to happen. We also missed the first day of the tour. So I don't feel so bad about claiming in this instance.
    Best wins: GoPro, £2K, a week in Brittany, Steelhouse Festival tickets, Isle of Wight Festival tickets, £250 lingerie, Bath city break, £250 Amazon vouchers twice! £800 tent, Portmeirion bowls, Cornishware tea set, posh Sweden break, posh mattress, new iPhone7, 1 year of tailored supplements, iPhone X, 2 pairs boots & a lovely house plant :)
  • MrJesterMrJester Forumite
    1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Good so far, quick response from EE for a complaint.

It's good to be able to just keep everything together in one place if anything. I will be planning to use this more for bank charge disputes etc!