Telecomms mistake - Advice please

Hi,

I have been with a telecom provider for at least 36 months, something I can proove to them through my D Debits. They have managed to mix up my account with that of a business account and under the same address I reside at?

so they have the same telephone number details for the business and the same address as my personal one.

I have contacted them three times, but the residental department for billing and the business department for billing are operated completely seperately:( and they just dont understand that they have made incorrect listings to the telephone directory's.

I have names and telephone numbers detailed in correspondence sent to them. I paid a final bill with them on Monday 27th October which has been confirmed.

Saturday 1st Nov 06.48am they contacted me to tell me I owed them £216.67?? I have telephoned them and they are telling me its payment for the rest of the contract? I have asked them to provide details of this as I do not recall renewing any contract with them?

meanwhile I have until the 7th Nov to pay this amount in full or they will add money to this for late payment:(

what do I do please?

This amount will leave me without anything until payday 20th month :(

Cheska

Comments

• I see no-one has answered this so I shall try.

I think what I would do is send a recorded delivery letter to the head office, one copy for residential, one for business, stating you paid the final bill on 27th October and could they please explain the £216.67 as you were not in contract with them.

As for the idea of them adding money to it for late payment, this will be irrelevant if you do not owe the money anyway.

Who is the provider?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family