Tesco Delivery Saver Anytime 6 month plan: How do cancellations work?

Options
Hello,
I wonder how the cancellation policy of the Tesco Delivery Saver Anytime 6 month plan is to be interpreted:

The T&C (https://secure.tesco.com/deliverysaver/TermsAndConditions/Default/1) say that "You may cancel your Membership at any time". Given the Anytime 6 month plan makes you pay 6 GBP each month, I understand it that way that you can also cancel anytime within the 6 month period and that you are not liable to make the monthly payments until the end of the 6 months. On the other hand, if you chose the 12 month option where you prepay 60 GBP upfront, I would understand if you can't recover any of that amount by leaving early.

When I tried to get out of the Anytime 6 month plan, the customer manager at first only want to stop the automatic renewal and it took some more convincing by referring to the T&C for him to let me leave early.

In my opinion, the T&C are very vague in this respect as to what "cancelling at any time" signifies, and I would expect any ambiguity in a contract to play out favour of the party who did not write it.

What do you think?

Bob
London

Comments

• alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    blon wrote: »
    On the other hand, if you chose the 12 month option where you prepay 60 GBP upfront, I would understand if you can't recover any of that amount by leaving early.

See Delivery Saver Guarantee in the page for which you provided a link.
    http://www.tesco.com/deliverysaver/TermsAndConditions/Default/1

At the end of the saver period you will be refunded the difference between the price of the saver and what it would have cost paying for your individual deliveries. The refund is in the form of a coupon to be spent online!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure