We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

should you have a regular eye test even if you

Options
feel you have nothing wrong with your eyes?

Comments

• aaroncaz
    aaroncaz Posts: 5,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, they cant detect other things, besides your sight, glaucoma for example.
  • GlasgowGal
    GlasgowGal Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I think they can detect signs of diabetes too.
    :)
  • keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    Yes-def go and get them tested. As other people have already said-they can pick up on other health problems other then poor eye sight etc.

keely.
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Deals wrote: »
    feel you have nothing wrong with your eyes?

In my opinion, eyesight is so precious.............it's just not worth taking a risk with your vision and health...........so it's essential to have regular (every two years) eye tests.;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Apart from anything else, our brains are wonderful at 'adapting' to things which happen gradually, so you could have a problem that you're just not aware of.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yes. How do you know you don't have anything wrong with your eyes if you don't get them tested? I only knew I needed glasses cos I tried on someone else's and I could see loads better through them...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport