Mortgage offer

Options
Hi All

I have had a nightmare getting a mortgage offer as I know the rules are so strict now, I had to supply numerous amounts of information along the road and finally got there after 3 weeks which I believe is normal, the searchers have now all been started by the solicitor, we are not in a chain and have LTV of 88%, anyway I have read that they do a final credit check of you which is fine yet on my file it shows up as I had 2 late payments 9 months ago, yet with one of the companies this card doesn't show up. The payment was for 5.00 and stupidly I thought that it was set up on direct debit. I only had 28.00 on the card at the time yet a late payment is a late payment. the payment was due on the 24th January and I didn't realise until the 28th February therefore it states 2 late payments.

Anyway I have since settled this card and closed it last month yet now I am panicking what if it shows up on my file which they have obviously checked with it not being there in between now and completion, I don't want to exchange have my final credit check and the company to pull out of the mortgage. I don't have any other bad credit and kick myself I have let this happen, yet I have. They never asked a question have you had any late payments, they asked me if I had a CCJ or Bankruptcy, they asked for everything else yet not this and now my heart is in my mouth thinking that I could exchange and then lose my deposit.

I know I will get comments saying you should have paid it, how can I not realise yet I didn't and that's what happened so I really would like some advice, do I ring them and mention it? I moved houses in between closing the card down so it was closed at my old address I assume that is why it hasn't showed up, both my files are at scores of excellent (yet I know a lot don't agree with these scores that they are worthless)

Your advice would be appreciated.

Worried house buyer!!

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you have had your formal mortgage offer it is extremely rare for an offer to be rescinded.

For the issue you outline here I would be amazed if you have a problem post offer.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • AliT12345
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. The credit card is showing on my account now yet is showing as settled with 0 balance. I am hoping that this will not mean they will pull the offer, they have set my direct debit up and were hoping to complete the week after next so fingers crossed. If it does come to the worse and they do pull the offer for these late payments will I be able to get another mortgage with someone else in time? I am so worried about this, if it came to it I could put down a bigger deposit if needed.

Worried house buyer :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport