edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning
8 replies 688 views
dhs193dhs193 Forumite
6 Posts
Has any one used Mypensionexpert to sort their pension out

Replies

• greenglidegreenglide Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    In what way do you wish to "sort your pension out"?
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The FCA wouldnt like the line on their website:
    "For Free Diploma Qualified Advice"
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Just want to know if this company is ok to use, to sort out my pension.
  • To reiterate post #2, what exactly does "sort out" your pension mean?
    Stephen Covey once said that "when you teach once, you learn twice". That is the primary reason for my participation on the forums as an IFA.

Although I strive to provide accurate information in my posts, there may be the odd time when I fail. Yes I know it's hard to believe but even Your Hero can make mistakes. Apologies in advance.
  • jamesdjamesd Forumite
    24.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The search engine summary of the site says "My Pension Expert arranges millions of annuities each month offering advice and quotes on a wide range of annuity options to further boost the amount you can". The Association of British Insurers says that the highest number of annuities sold by their members in any quarter from 2010 to the first half of 2014 was about 120,000. This firm is claiming to sell in one month more annuities than the ABI members sold in several years.

The FCA provides a form that can be used to report misleading promotions.

I suggest that you do not deal with firms that make false claims in their advertising materials. There are plenty to choose from.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So, to summarise....

Their website says they give free advice (they do not as advice is paid for by fee and if advice is given they cannot take commission - not that commission means free as it is taken from the pension. Either way, not free. A lie). Plus, they claim to have done more annuities each month than are actually arranged across the whole industry. A lie.
    Just want to know if this company is ok to use, to sort out my pension.

Does it sound like it?
    You still havent said what you mean by sort out?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jamesdjamesd Forumite
    24.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called the company before reporting. They just called me back and after some trouble explaining just how that claim got from their web site to Google they tell me it's a typo for millions of Pounds of annuities and that they will get it fixed. Didn't respond so positively to dunstonh's observation but I mentioned that in a complaint to the FCA as well and the FCA can decide on that.
  • jamesdjamesd Forumite
    24.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having dealt with that, what sort of pension sorting out do you want? Are you near to retiring and have a pension pot that you want to get income from?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides