Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Postal Scam

Just saw this on Facebook, wether or not it's real I don't know.

293826_10151341096807489_1187457238_n.jpg?oh=cc6f6ecb2667c2872c095ce3219da872&oe=54EF94AE&__gda__=1425058209_c5f1cdfe5f1b8d511cbe5f12ab5f6191

Replies

• wingobinswingobins Forumite
    20.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This goes round every year! Thanks for the reminder :)
    It's like the one where you get a parcel delivered too and then they come immediately and say they delivered to wrong house and you get a bill for that parcel whatever item costs! There's always some scam going about!
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • MoneybotMoneybot Forumite
    9.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The warning is a hoax

Action Fraud is reminding everyone that a chain email circulating warning about a postal scam that could leave you £315 out of pocket - is a hoax.
    The hoax email reads:
    "Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:
    A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).
    DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize. If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.
    If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655."
    If you receive this email just delete it and do not to forward it to anyone.
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • originally appeared in 2005 (see hoax slayer)

next youll see one on facebook about a piece of paper on the windscreen and they'll be someone in the back when you've removed it

must be so easy to viralise these fake scams
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    45.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just saw this on Facebook, wether or not it's real I don't know.

Always worth a look on Hoax slayer (although this one has been doing the rounds for at least 8 years - my local council still got caught out by it a couple of years ago)

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/index.html

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/pds-phone-scam.html
  • custardycustardy Forumite
    38.4K Posts
    Forumite
    Good to see the Christmas traditions still being kept......
  • And watch out for the paint mark on the pavement outside your house! It means they're after your pets for the local Chinese restaurant!!

:wall:
  • sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Oh well, better safe than sorry I guess ... Sorry I'm not as much of a nerd as you folks :)
  • custardycustardy Forumite
    38.4K Posts
    Forumite
    Oh well, better safe than sorry I guess ... Sorry I'm not as much of a nerd as you folks :)

Keep checking. we will easily get into double figures on people posting this.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals