Interview tips

Options
I've managed to secure an interview for a clerk/receptionist at a hospital. It saus I require expirence but I havw manged to get interview. Any tips for the interview as I haven't had interviews for a while apart from one a couple months ago which I was unsuccessful.

I know my weak point is delegation and I do have experience of working with patients in q hospital environment. Thank you in advance
Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

Comments

• CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    With the grammar and spelling mistakes you have made in your opening post I am surprised you have got an interview and you need to improve on that.

However, trying to be helpful, if you do a search on this forum there are a number of tips on dealing with job interviews. A couple of simple pointers are to research the company and turn up on time.

Good luck
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Options
    I think as a clerk/receptionist you will be unlikely to be delegating anything. Concentrate on any experience you have with dealing with the public, face to face as well as by phone, also about being meticulous about detail - quite important if you are dealing with people's health records! Also empathy - the stereotype of the doctor's receptionist isn't what is wanted now.

Good luck!
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi sorry its my ipad that is causing problems with my spelling. Thank you for advice Caroline. I have experience of writing in records due to my practice placement for my health care courses so I am aware how some of them are constructed.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Also think about whether you have any questions - most interviews will end with the interviewers asking you if you want to ask them anything - if the interview has been fairly conversational and you've asked questions as you go along, then you can say that they have all been concerned, but if not, it is another opportunity to show interest in the company/organisation - obviously it will depend on the nature of the job and how the interview goes, but ideally you want any questions to demonstrate that you know something about the organisation and are thinking about how you could fit in there.

Dress smartly - I think for this type of post it's appropriate to dress slightly more smartly for the interview than you would expect to dress while working.

One thing I would say or the interview is do listen to what you are asked, and answer the question the interviewers actually ask you, not the one you thought they were going to ask (it's easy to do, when you've been planning, but it can make you look careless!)
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure