House Blinds

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
30 replies 3.6K views
CottaCotta Forumite
3.7K Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Hello All,

I am looking for two roller blinds for a kitchen and bathroom as well as four vertical blinds for a living room and three bedrooms. What are my best options here and is there anywhere in Belfast who supply and fit for a reasonable price?

Thank you.

Replies

• TickedTicked Forumite
    480 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    We've had good price and service from Apex blinds in Lisburn, I believe they have an outlet in Belfast. Been decent with us.
  • CottaCotta Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ticked wrote: »
    We've had good price and service from Apex blinds in Lisburn, I believe they have an outlet in Belfast. Been decent with us.

I will give them a try, thanks.
  • TickedTicked Forumite
    480 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Cotta wrote: »
    I will give them a try, thanks.

I think that most blinds in NI are made by Decora and the various blind shops are just middle men. Apex we found helpful and the lady in the Lisburn office is a very nice person! Elite may make blinds, we had blinds from them, good quality but the 'fitting' was woeful, a real mess made of the reveals. However, if you are fitting them yourself then it probably doesn't matter much where they are bought from. Personally I like blackout blinds but that's just my preference.
  • CottaCotta Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ticked wrote: »
    I think that most blinds in NI are made by Decora and the various blind shops are just middle men. Apex we found helpful and the lady in the Lisburn office is a very nice person! Elite may make blinds, we had blinds from them, good quality but the 'fitting' was woeful, a real mess made of the reveals. However, if you are fitting them yourself then it probably doesn't matter much where they are bought from. Personally I like blackout blinds but that's just my preference.

The gentleman from Apex is calling out this evening to provide me with a quote.
  • CottaCotta Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apex came out this evening and a very nice man provided us with a quote, we thought it very high so have decided to get a second quote, any further recommendations?
  • Old_GitOld_Git Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cotta wrote: »
    Apex came out this evening and a very nice man provided us with a quote, we thought it very high so have decided to get a second quote, any further recommendations?

I got a flyer this week from classic blinds .3 vertical blinds for £89 .I have no idea of size or quality but might be worth a look .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • CottaCotta Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Old_Git wrote: »
    I got a flyer this week from classic blinds .3 vertical blinds for £89 .I have no idea of size or quality but might be worth a look .

Thanks Old Git, I will arrange a quotation from them.
  • Elite also messed up our installation (damage, messy, etc). The blinds were fine, so would only recommend if you were going to put them up yourself or have your own handyman.
  • Sister thought this company were very reasonable and were brilliant to deal with,she price matched with elite and they knocked another £30 off price.
    Bracken Interiors
    Blind Supplies and Fittings
    Unit 4, Edgar Industrial Estate, Comber Rd, Carryduff, Belfast, County Antrim BT8 8AN
    028 9081 2424
    Closed now · Hours
  • BigcammyBigcammy Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Charisma in Bangor have never let us down and will travel, worth a shot
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store