MSE News: Yorkshire Building Society fined £4.1m over mortgage arrears failings

Options
Yorkshire Building Society has been fined over £4.1 million for failing to properly deal with customers in mortgage arrears...
Read the full story:

Yorkshire Building Society fined £4.1m over mortgage arrears failings

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Will simply result in further tightening down by lenders. Other customers pay the fines etc. Only winner in the Treasury.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am one of their customers; have experienced financial difficulty; but since I always treated my mortgage as a priority debt and also took trouble to let them know what was happening I never paid these fees. Can I claim compensation?
  • CopyCat_2
    Options
    I am one of their customers; have experienced financial difficulty; but since I always treated my mortgage as a priority debt and also took trouble to let them know what was happening I never paid these fees. Can I claim compensation?

How could you possibly claim for a service you did not have any dealings with ( arrears charges etc ) ?
  • dwsjarcmcd
    dwsjarcmcd Posts: 1,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

There is no "compensation" to pay you (for several reasons) but especially as they have already repaid any fees charged to affected borrowers.

As you weren't charged any fees why on earth would you think for even a nanosecond that you were due money?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure