Frozen Cod Fillets

Options
2»

Comments

• supermassive
    Options
    If you want any seafood that's high quality, order it from the (still operating, would you believe it?!) Grimsby docks. Their companies (regal etc) are all well versed in providing restaurants and individuals with fresh-caught blast-frozen seafood. And they deliver.

It's the best you'll get unless you want to buy a boat.
    I can't add up.
  • RuthnJasper
    RuthnJasper Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you want any seafood that's high quality, order it from the (still operating, would you believe it?!) Grimsby docks. Their companies (regal etc) are all well versed in providing restaurants and individuals with fresh-caught blast-frozen seafood. And they deliver.

It's the best you'll get unless you want to buy a boat.

My mum uses Regal - they deliver to her door here in Hampshire. She's been using them for years, after a friend's recommendation (my parents aren't wealthy but mum was surprised by how reasonably-priced they are). The fish is amazing quality, really fresh and tasty. The delivery drivers are nice and friendly too.

They also do fishcakes and fish fingers, as well as plain fish.

I didn't used to like fish much, but now one my favourite meals is my mum's fish pie, hehe. ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am very lucky that I only live around half an hour from Whitstable.I can buy fresh fish there that was caught and is almost still jumping on the slab.Another good place is hastings if you are in driving distance.I try to make a trip to Whitstable evry couple of months and get a good supply in.My local wet fishmonger is brilliant though and maybe slightly dearer than perhaps a supermarket but his fish is superb and his knowledge is amazing.He will tell you what's a good and reasonable price and what's just coming into the shops.I have actually been told by him to wait a couple of days as the Dover sole would be better then.A small local business that I like to support in favour of the big SM.Its a case of ask the man whose trade it is
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure