PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Plums

Options
Any clever ideas for plums?

I have far too many in my fruit bowl (over did the yellow sticker shop), and we'll never get them all ate
:j got married 3rd May 2013 :beer:

Comments

• Evil_Olive
    Options
    plums make delicious crumbles/pies - especially half & half with apples :)
    I make a quick fruit pie by lining a dish with shop bought ready made shortcrust pastry and just putting the sliced fruit raw straight into it, adding a generous layer of sugar and then adding the pastry lid. Easy Peasy :)
    Don’t try to keep up with the Jones’s. They are broke!
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Plum crumble - nicer still with a few ground, chopped or slivered almonds in the topping.

Or just cook down, add spices and use as a sauce with meats.

If you have LOADS, then plum jam or chutney.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Plum pudding, halve and stone the plums, put them in a pudding basin or oven proof dish, sprinkle over some sugar and ginger to taste. Make a sponge and pour onto the plums.
    Bake at 170 c/160c fan oven/Gas4 until the sponge springs back or a skewer comes out clean, serve with hot custard
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • In_Debt_Bet
    Options
    Plum cake, I've made this a few times recently, it's easy to make and is very tasty http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/17476/easy-plum-cake.aspx

Bet x
    Worrying won't stop bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good.
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    you can also make upside down cake with plums. Personally, no amount of plums ever get 'uneaten' in my house! its just too easy to pick one out of the fruit bowl every time you walk past!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure