PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stain removers - what really works?

Options
YORKSHIRELASS
YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,304 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 19 October 2014 at 9:40AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi

My son has gone out and got his favourite chinos covered in mud and grass stains. I have scrubbed them with a vanish bar and washed them on a hot wash but not all the marks have come out.

I have the same problem sometimes with football kits. What really works on these kinds of stains?

I dont mind spending money on something if I know it does the job.

Comments

• dingdongsaving
    Options
    I've not had a single stain stay since I've been buying the pink tub of van15h...I spot it 1/2 price every now and again and get 2 tubs. There's a more expensive version of it too, but I've never felt the urge to buy it as I've not had a stain stay with the original kind. For general lights I throw 1/2 a scoop in with my wash, and for real stains I soak clothes in a small washing up bowl with 1/2 a scoop in it (I pour that water in with the load too so it's not wasted).
    Our 7 year old has grass stains on his knees most days and our 7 month old has various mashed food stains in every location possible! Carrots and grass stains used to be the bain of our washing lives. :)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Thank you, thats just what I need. My boy is 13 so you would think he would have grown out of getting in such a state but they were playing footie at the park yesterday and it was a "bit muddy" apparently!
  • dingdongsaving
    Options
    So I have years of this to come yet then? Hehe...kids and mud are a perfect combo in our house...and ds's asking for a mud kitchen again! :rotfl: He thought he'd grown out of it but his friends and him miss it!
  • samanthaneww2d
    Options
    soda crystals are always good to soak things in prior to washing and they are relatively inexpensive( not sure how good they are on already washed things if you know what i mean)

You probably have years of it tbh but at 13 he is better hanging around playing football in the park getting muddy than goodness knows what else.
  • PudseyDB
    PudseyDB Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    I swear by Biotex stain removing powder..........soak in a bucket for a day and it seems to get rid of most stubborn stains :j
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    :wave:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Steve059
    Steve059 Posts: 2,686 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 October 2014 at 5:53PM
    Options
    Stardrops. It shifted Staines from Middlesex. :)
    If you fold it in half, will an Audi A4 fit in a Citroen C5? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure