Parkrun

Anyone else doing Parkruns? I love em! I am totally addicted. It's such a good feeling running with other like minded people.

Comments

• It's a great idea.....it's just too early for me! 9am on a Saturday! No way jose!
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Too far for me! :( I do sometimes end up near where parkrun is; but it is a tad early for me. (or late, depending on what time I'm up)
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • dodger1
    dodger1 Posts: 4,579 Forumite
    Done a few in Southampton but too early to do it every week. Great idea though, we have around 500 runners each week and all free.
    It's someone else's fault.
  • Every Saturday I am about taking part. Not a weekend without a parkrun... and means cake afterwards.. not that I need an excuse.
    :beer:Member of Mortgage free in three. :beer:
    55. littlemonkeywolf. Reduce my mortgage
  • I've done a few, very enjoyable and very competitive.

The 9am on a Saturday makes it a tricky one for me!
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • lisa701
    lisa701 Posts: 414 Forumite
    I love Parkrun, only started going this year but I'm addicted.

Timing is great for me as it still leaves the rest of the weekend free to do other stuff. Don't get to do much running in the evenings now its dark as I don't like going out alone in the dark and no one will run with me :-(
  • dodger1
    dodger1 Posts: 4,579 Forumite
    lisa701 wrote: »
    I love Parkrun, only started going this year but I'm addicted.

Timing is great for me as it still leaves the rest of the weekend free to do other stuff. Don't get to do much running in the evenings now its dark as I don't like going out alone in the dark and no one will run with me :-(

Join a local running club.
    It's someone else's fault.
  • thx1138
    thx1138 Posts: 353 Forumite
    I've done three or four of the Park Runs at Andover and think they are terrific.

Some of the more hardcore devotees of athletics disparage Park Runs. I don't understand why. Maybe just a case of change is bad in the minds of some.
  • I used to run a Parkrun every week for over a year, but got injured and Also moved away so haven't been able to do one for a few years. It's great for the casual and serious runner. I used to fit it in as one of my shorter runs and loved it. I found it to be very friendly and if there was one close to me I would do it again. I run for a club and never hear a bad word about it.
  • ca55ie
    ca55ie Posts: 254 Forumite
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I remember reading about it but I had also forgotten about it. Oh too late for today's run, perhaps next week :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure