🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Additional State pension

Options
Been looking on government web site to find more details of additional state pension. I do understand the principle but how do i check what i have recieved is accurate. The are so may different small parts to it some going back to the sixties. Any advice or links appreciated. Did think of asking dwp for a full breakdown, is this worth doing.

Comments

• Your_Hero
    Your_Hero Posts: 883 Forumite
    Options
    jackieja wrote: »
    Been looking on government web site to find more details of additional state pension. I do understand the principle but how do i check what i have recieved is accurate. The are so may different small parts to it some going back to the sixties. Any advice or links appreciated. Did think of asking dwp for a full breakdown, is this worth doing.
    The calculation is extremely complex, as there are potentially 3 additional state pensions to work with; Graduated state pension, SERPS, and S2P. I would not attempt it, even after a few drinks. This is one of those things that only DWP can do. May as well try asking for a breakdown but don't expect a detailed one.
    Stephen Covey once said that "when you teach once, you learn twice". That is the primary reason for my participation on the forums as an IFA.

Although I strive to provide accurate information in my posts, there may be the odd time when I fail. Yes I know it's hard to believe but even Your Hero can make mistakes. Apologies in advance.
  • jackieja
    Options
    As I thought, my guesstimate suggests that it is not too far out, but even a pound one way or the other makes a difference. Based on my expererience of hmc, the accuracy of any government based system is open to question. Tax i can calculate myself to check... At a total loss with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport