Urgent advise required

Options
Background - due to complete on house next week, mortgage offer in place from Halifax

In the lead up to the move I have overseen a payment to next directory. It was due on 24 sep . I logged on this evening and as soon as I realised I paid and called next to advise it was a genuine mistake. They confirmed the payment is there but my statement is due tomorrow and they have said it should be ok however I won't know until tomorrow morning if it has cleared in time. They said they thinknit is fine but can't confirm.

I'm absolutely reduced to tears and cannot believe I didn't realise this earlier.

Can anyone give me advise as to if it will affect my mortgage? And what should I do? I've been so busy with the move and this was a genuine mistake - I cannot believe it

Comments

• andymd
    andymd Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Your mortgage offer will say something like it is valid unless there is a 'material' change in your circumstances. This is hardly a material change. In any case I highly doubt it will show on your credit file before you complete so I really wouldn't worry about it.
  • Kim_35
    Kim_35 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you andymd - I just cannot believe how stupid I have been on forgetting to make a payment - couldn't have come at a worse time! Fingers crossed !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure