Playstation 4

Where's the cheapest place at the moment to buy a (non second hand) Playstation 4 console?

Thanks.
The campaign against overpowering signatures

Comments

• Where's the cheapest place at the moment to buy a (non second hand) Playstation 4 console?

Thanks.

prob amazon or something, and there is a new model out now. so many outlets will be offrering old model cheaper to shift stock
  • I like going on hotukdeals for knowing the best prices, if someone posts a deal and it's not the best around, someone soon will be sure to let them know where it's cheaper, crazy amount of traffic too.
  • MattEd
    MattEd Posts: 14 Forumite
    There's plenty of new ones on ebay. There's one for £299 which sounds pretty reasonable.
  • what are the changes in the new model ps4? Does it use less power or something?
  • Errr... you were the one who mentioned the "new model"! :D Weren't you talking about the white one?

Pros: the white plastic reflects more external heat, reducing internal temperatures by up to 0.1C.

Cons: white consoles are for chavs.

Apparently it's still a lottery as to whether or not you'll get a noisy PS4 or a bundled pad with rotting thumbstick rubber, regardless of the colour of the case.
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • Andy_89
    Andy_89 Posts: 245 Forumite
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Apparently it's still a lottery as to whether or not you'll get a noisy PS4 or a bundled pad with rotting thumbstick rubber, regardless of the colour of the case.

My R2 button gets stuck. Contacted Sony send it back at your expense and it could take 3 weeks to get a replacement.
  • Apparently (!) some artful WD40 sprayage works for the squeaky sticking R2/L2s.

And you can either buy Orb covers for the thumbsticks, or a surprisingly popular option is to replace them with - I'm not joking - Xbone pad sticks!
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • PenguinJim wrote: »
    Apparently (!) some artful WD40 sprayage works for the squeaky sticking R2/L2s.

And you can either buy Orb covers for the thumbsticks, or a surprisingly popular option is to replace them with - I'm not joking - Xbone pad sticks!

Excuse my ignorance - would wd40 have a detremental effect on the electrics and !!!!!! up the pad itself?

I bought the orb covers about £6 for two sets.
  • PenguinJim wrote: »
    Apparently (!) some artful WD40 sprayage works for the squeaky sticking R2/L2s.

Or alternatively do what my mate did & take it back to the retailer he bought the console for who switched the controllers with brand new ones soon as he showed his receipt. (And that was the much maligned Game!)
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
  • RobTang
    RobTang Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Andy_89 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance - would wd40 have a detremental effect on the electrics and !!!!!! up the pad itself?

I bought the orb covers about £6 for two sets.

WD40 is safe on electrics however like everything else WD40 can be used for you should use something else; only use when you really really really have nothing else to hand.
    Plus it will make your gamepads stink of WD40 for ages.

An proper electrical contact cleaner is better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure