Witness Signature

Options
Hi

I have my face to face interview with the OR next week. I have the forms and see in a couple of places I need a witness to my signature.

I intended on telling nobody about my bankruptcy if possible, when I saw this I thought I would at least have to tell my parents.

In the last week though we've had a death in the family, and I don't want to add to the problems and stress.

I have been to the citizens advice and they refused. I can't think of anybody else. Any ideas?

I really only have this weekend to find somebody. I will be out of the area Monday at the funeral, and have the interview Tuesday.

Comments

• Angry_Bear
    Angry_Bear Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I think your doctor will usually do it for a fee. You might also be able to get it done at the post office or police station - give thema call and ask.
    Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
    ― Sir Terry Pratchett, 1948-2015
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    mower wrote: »
    Hi

I have my face to face interview with the OR next week. I have the forms and see in a couple of places I need a witness to my signature.

I intended on telling nobody about my bankruptcy if possible, when I saw this I thought I would at least have to tell my parents.

In the last week though we've had a death in the family, and I don't want to add to the problems and stress.

I have been to the citizens advice and they refused. I can't think of anybody else. Any ideas?

I really only have this weekend to find somebody. I will be out of the area Monday at the funeral, and have the interview Tuesday.

Sorry to hear of your loss :sad:

Is there no friend you can confide in? If you really don't have anyone, give your or a call to ask there advice. I don't know if they will but maybe the or will witness you signing it as you are going to the office anyway?

I hope you sort something out,

H x
  • Hopeful1968
    Options
    Hi Mower,
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

If it is a face to face interview, bring the forms with you and whoever is conducting your interview will witness the forms when you sign them. I know in some offices, they never used to send the forms out when it was a face to face interview and it was routinely done that way.

Hope that makes things a little easier and takes some of the stress out of it for you.
    I worked as a case clerk for the IS for a number of years. Any views expressed are my own. If your query is urgent, please contact the OR or LTADT dealing with your case directly.
    Always receive expert advice before going bankrupt.
  • mower
    mower Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. The examiner signed as a witness. I feel so much better having the interview out of the way and it was fine.

I don't post much but read a lot and really appreciate all the helpful people here and I know many others do too.

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport