Wedding Hair

Options
Hello ladies!

Does anybody have any money saving tips when it comes to bridal hair? I have started to look around and so far have come up pretty short with ideas.

I am no good at doing my own hair as the only style i know is a ponytail.

What did you lovely ladies do?

Comments

• Ruby_Roo
    Options
    My MSE-ness is not extending to my wedding hair. I'm not great at doing my own hair and I'd probably end up looking like a family of birds have taken up refuge on my head - that's not the look I want sat in a frame on my mantlepiece for the duration of my married life.

In the absence of friends/family who are hairdressers or who have hairdressing talents just pay someone to do it. In the grand scheme of the cost of a wedding, even a small one, it's small change. My hair is £50 with a trial using my regular hairdresser.
  • If you've got a friend who always has good hair, can you ask her to help you out? Get her to try out a few styles on you?

I've heard other people say that they volunteer as 'models' at local beauty schools, and strike a deal for the day itself. I know nothing about this in practice though.

Otherwise, it's amazing what you can learn off Youtube!! I used to be incredibly rubbish at hair but after a lot of practice over the last year, I can now do loads of different vintagey styles. Just depends on whether you want to invest the time in it (and the hairspray...).

Good luck!
    September 2014 Grocery Challenge = £160 on target
    Secret Savings Fund = £150/£2000, plus £120 in vouchers
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in 2014 = Joined challenge August, no spend so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure