2»

Comments

• glentoran99
    Options
    Mobile phone providers do report to credit reference agencies
  • Monkeyballs
    Options
    Hi,

The £155 will be the cost of the remaining months + a DCA fee on top, I had a few contracts when I went into my DMP and when I cancelled I got a small reduction in overall total (some random %age) as I was no longer using the service and was buying myself out.

If you sign a 24 month contract then you are tied in for the 24 months whether you use it or not.

If you speak to the DCA and ask for a settlement balance you might be able to get a 25% reduction but don't agree to anything over the phone and ask for it in writing confirming the reduced F&F figure and that the balance will be written off and not sold on or requested at a later date.

MB
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mobile phone providers do report to credit reference agencies

I have had various mobile contacts for the last 15 + years or more, and, apart from the initial search, have never once have any of them reported on any of the credit reference agencies files.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    I have had various mobile contacts for the last 15 + years or more, and, apart from the initial search, have never once have any of them reported on any of the credit reference agencies files.
    EE, for one, most certainly do report to the CRAs.
  • Anoneemoose
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    EE, for one, most certainly do report to the CRAs.

And Orange and T-Mobile.
  • runforlife
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »

Vodafone report on my Noddle data
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport