PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Basic flapjack

Options
Need some help guys, it's not payday till Friday and I need some sweet treats......

I have some honey, porridge oats and an apple how do I magic them into flapjacks,

If any1 can help I l know the old styles can

Xxxxx
Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body - Geoege Carlin

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    nich29580 wrote: »
    Need some help guys, it's not payday till Friday and I need some sweet treats......

I have some honey, porridge oats and an apple how do I magic them into flapjacks,

If any1 can help I l know the old styles can

Xxxxx
    :) Easy peasy.

Line a small tin with greaseproof paper. Chuck 2 cupfuls of porridge oats in a bowl (added chopped fruit if desired) and then put two-thirds of a cup of butter or marg in a pan, add about a third of a cup of honey and melt over a gentle heat.

Pour mixture into bowl with oats and stir until absorbed. Put into lined tin and press flat with spatula/ back of spoon. Bake in a preheated oven at Gas 4 for about 20 mins, remove and place tin on a cooling rack. Cut the flapjack into portions at this point, before it has had a chance to cool and set hard.

Keep flapjacks in tin until cooled and stand guard or thieving mitts will be after them.

I use Basics golden syrup instead of honey, but it's a very forgiving recipe.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    This is just what I am after too - thank you!

I shall add whatever fruit that I have (that would suit).
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    I use golden syrup instead of honey and throw in some sultanas. Yum.
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • MrsChristmas
    Options
    Thank you for that recipe GreyQueen... I've been contemplating making these the last few weeks, mainly for my sport~mad, hollow legged children to grab as quick snacks.
    Although I have honey in the cupboard (been using teaspoons of it this week to sooth sore throats) I think I'll get some basics golden syrup.
    A quick question!
    There are quite a few 2min microwave golden syrup porridge sachets (A1di) in our cereal cupboard... Does anybody know if I could use these instead of the plain porridge oats & just add the butter & golden syrup?
    Ta x
  • nich29580
    Options
    Hi thanks for replays. When u say "cups" do you mean American measurements or literally cups, lol sorry in advance if it's a dumb question:p
    Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body - Geoege Carlin
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    nich29580 wrote: »
    Hi thanks for replays. When u say "cups" do you mean American measurements or literally cups, lol sorry in advance if it's a dumb question:p
    :) There's no such thing as a dumb question, it's just about the ratio of ingredients to each other.

I have a large teacup which I use for this purpose and the quantity of the mixture works out just right to fill a very old fashioned Bakeloy rectangular tin which is 11 and 3/4 inches by 6 and 3/4 inches. It was possibly meant for swiss roll or something similar, but I just use it as a general purpose small baking tray. Think it was one of Grandma's and she's been dead 44 years come Xmas.

You can scale up or down depending on how much you want to make at a time, just keep the proportions of the ingredients in relation to each other the same. HTH.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills