We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Vibro Plate Machines

Options
Hi - Just curious whether anyone has tried one of these or knows someone who has and what the thoughts are on it? Is it effective - or is it just a celeb's gimmick......I have read that Madonna is one of many who uses this piece of equipment.

Comments

• angel
    angel Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Options
    I used a powerplate twice a week for five weeks a few months back. Even though it sounds like you don't have to do anything you do have to hold different positions for however many seconds each "hold" is for. I'll admit that I'm pretty unfit and I found this difficult at times and it often pulled on my lower back even though I was being instructed at all times by someone who had been on the training course to teach it. I had been under the impression before starting that the powerplate was also for unfit people to help get fit, I didn't feel any different afterwards and didn't notice any fitness improvement at all. I stopped going as I felt that it was a gimmick, fun and buzzy, but for me a total waste of a lot of money.

Another person at the gym had stopped using it as she was fit and it didn't increase her fitness at all, she said that she was too fit for it which makes me wonder if Madonna really bothers with it or if that's just hype.

Hope that this helps a bit, ask away if you have any more questions.
    :smileyhea "here, hare, here" :smileyhea
  • chickalittle
    Options
    thanks angel - there are a couple of good deals on these things now but maybe I'll just stick to my gym routine! Someone is advertising "kettlebell" training locally which looks interesting so might investigate that instead...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport